Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Wisconsin - 1/30/20 @ 7:00

It was all IU in overtime and we pulled out a 75-65 victory.  A win is a win, but it's hard to feel good about this one given how poorly we played until late in the 4th Q.   

Mackenzie Holmes with a double double with 19 pts. and 10 reb.  She hit 11-13 FT.  

Final game stats:  http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=276126

Gutsy W. We outscored them 37-17 in the 4th quarter and OT. No, we should not have put ourselves in position to be down 16 to this Wiscy team at home; but they responded and made some big shots down the stretch. Proud of the Lady Hoosiers. Didn’t give up. Kept fighting. More than I can say for our guys some nights. Now go stomp the Toiletmakers and let’s have ourselves a battle for the B1G at home with Maryland next weekend. 

After giving a game away against a really good Northwestern a couple weeks ago, IU flat out stole a win against a bad but improving Wisconsin team at home. We still should of won this game easier, but got away with one and in some ways given how games went, we now have a win we really don't deserve tonight in Wiscy and a game we deserved and gave away against Cats so that's kind of a wash now. 

If this wakes us up it could propel us back to where we need to get. Otherwise this may not end pretty given our tough schedule coming up starting with PU Monday.

Slow starts are not ideal but tonight took it to a whole new level and nearly cost us our season in someways as I don't think we would of recovered enough from this. Team celebrated after and either this brings them together or makes them overconfident and this less then stellar play continues. Hope its the former.

12 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Anybody know where to find highlights or a replay of the game? I didn’t get to watch it because I won’t pay for B1G+ but would love to see that second half and overtime. 

Don't know if a replay is available, but here is a highlights package. I didn't see the game, either -- didn't realize we were down 18-2. That's a helluva comeback. Shouldn't have gotten that far down in the first place, but that's impressive nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Don't know if a replay is available, but here is a highlights package. I didn't see the game, either -- didn't realize we were down 18-2. That's a helluva comeback. Shouldn't have gotten that far down in the first place, but that's impressive nonetheless. 

Appreciate that LC. I didn’t start watching the box score until the second quarter, so I didn’t realize we got down 18-2 either. Yikes. Wonder how many timeouts Moren called to try and keep that from happening. I’ve been thinking about something, and maybe somebody on here has a better idea or opinion. After watching several games this year like last night, and the men’s game against Maryland over the weekend when they couldn’t miss - is Assembly Hall maybe becoming a comfortable place for shooters? Admittedly, I live in South Carolina now and don’t get to many games. But with all the new arenas that have been built over the last ten years that seem to be built more in-line with the look and feel of an NBA arena, where you always hear have tougher “sight-lines” because of the depth behind the basket, corporate boxes around in the eye-line, and more LED advertising - is it possible that SSAH and its classic feel, is providing a good shooting atmosphere and could be a reason it seems like teams come in and can’t miss on us? I know that maybe isn’t proven out given our men’s team and their inability to shoot, but it was something I’ve been wondering. Don’t know if if the theory holds any water, but. 

Guess I will use this as the “(Women’s) College Basketball” thread, so as not to upset anyone there who would not appreciate the clutter to their men’s CBB chatter. But, Michigan up 11 over Iowa late in the third quarter. If they can hold on, the Lady Hoosiers would be 1 game out of first place. Two big games this week with the rivalry game at Purdue and then hosting Maryland three days later at the Hall. Think our conference title hopes hinge on this week’s results. 

Edit: Michigan really opened it up before end of the 3rd Q. Up 17. Gonna be a tough comeback for Iowa unless they have a Hoosiers V. Wiscy 4th Q in them. 

51 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Guess I will use this as the “(Women’s) College Basketball” thread, so as not to upset anyone there who would not appreciate the clutter to their men’s CBB chatter. But, Michigan up 11 over Iowa late in the third quarter. If they can hold on, the Lady Hoosiers would be 1 game out of first place. Two big games this week with the rivalry game at Purdue and then hosting Maryland three days later at the Hall. Think our conference title hopes hinge on this week’s results. 

Edit: Michigan really opened it up before end of the 3rd Q. Up 17. Gonna be a tough comeback for Iowa unless they have a Hoosiers V. Wiscy 4th Q in them. 

Winning this both games this week is big if and 1-1 would be an accomplishment but two wins does put us back on track.

Hopefully that Wisconsin game was a lesson. If they play like that against anyone else but Illinois they won't win.  

Michigan held serve in the 4th quarter and beat Iowa by 15. Puts IU a game back of them and NW in the loss column. Man, as the games go by, I wish more and more that IU could have held on and got one of those games they led against Iowa and NW. Still in good shape, and I really think they control their own destiny. 

‘66 OF, thoughts on changing the title of this thread to Women’s College Basketball, so we have a place to discuss other games nationally similar to the other thread USPS started where there’s talk about non-IU college hoops? Know there aren’t as many posters engaged with the women’s game, but would be nice to have a place to post other than the individual game threads. 

@Class of '66 Old Fart