Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 22 - @ Ohio State 2/1/20)

I don’t see how anyone who has watched this team honestly thinks they are going to beat OSU or any road team this season! We are awful! Not bad not room for improvement we are an awful basketball team! This is going to be what 4 seasons in a row we’ve missed the tournament? I’m from Ky so I get a lot of special treatment im 41 and I’ve never been ashamed of my team! I’m humiliated. TJD is the only ball player we have and he’s a freshman going up against monsters every game. No way we make the tournament “goes without saying” I honestly wouldn’t fire Archie though. We are a B team there’s zero reason to expect anything different to change anytime soon! Archie is learning every year IU fans at least the ones with any b-ball IQ understand IU basketball is a far and away after thought so why fire him and bring in someone else from the Mac or the summit league who’s not qualified and have to go through another 6-7 years of “were getting better” and we fall directly on our face!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There I was tooling along in second place and only 3 points out of first.  Life was great!  And then I tripped and fell on my noggin three times in a row.  Owww that hurts.  Dreams of glory have faded but not my desire to pick winners.

After what we saw the other night at Penn State, how can we possibly win this game?  This has certainly been a rollercoaster season.  Could the loss of Thompson and Hunter have thrown the teams that far out of sync?  Maybe, but then who knows if they will be available on Saturday?

Ohio state isn't exactly destroying the world.  They are doing a very good impersonation of the 18-19 Hoosiers.  They have lost 7 of their last 8 and their only win was at hapless Northwestern.  In addition Carton is on permanent leave from the team trying to get his head straight.  We haven't done much better.  We have lost 5 of our last 9.

Despite all of their troubles OSU is 10-2 at home.  Indiana is 1-4 in away games.  Against "like" teams OSU is 6-6 and +4.8/game.  Against "like" teams we are 3-6 and -4/game.  The only positive is that we beat these guys in Bloomington.

For the season we are pretty equal on offense 72.45 (OSU) compared to 72.6 (IU).  They are about 4 points better on defense, 63.67 to 67.52.

Out of contention for the big prize I don't feel bad about picking against the Hoosiers.  We need to play a lot better to win this game.  I'll still root like hell for my guys and hope I can be wrong four games in a row.

OSU - 70

IU - 65