Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Ball State Transfer C Payton Sparks to Indiana and back to Ball State

You think he can shoot? Or ... 11p 7r is unworldly to you? 

I’ve watched him play. He’s athletic, tenacious, and talented. He’s improving. He’s good now. He’s likely to be a problem. We had TJD who was a top 3 big in the nation and we were beatable every night. So, I’m not sure where we are going with this, but if you want convinced that Sparks is better than Reese I’m not going there with you.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ve watched him play. He’s athletic, tenacious, and talented. He’s improving. He’s good now. He’s likely to be a problem. We had TJD who was a top 3 big in the nation and we were beatable every night. So, I’m not sure where we are going with this, but if you want convinced that Sparks is better than Reese I’m not going there with you.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol is that anything CLOSE to what I said? 

No. 

All I said.. I was confused why you were worried about J Reese. 6'9 230.. he isn't pushing Malik or Sparks around. 

If you want to hear from a true dyed-in-the-wool, real life, ‘always dreamed of being a Hoosier’ young man, you need to listen to the Hoosier Hysterics Podcast with Payton Sparks.

• He's playing for his dream school; meeting as he called it "Indiana legend Mike Woodson" on his recruiting trip was surreal for him
  • Worshipped the Watshot; it's the first time his mom ever let him stay up that late
  • Tried underhanded free throws because of how great Rick Barry was
  • Favorite movie of all time is Hoosiers
  • Turned down NIL opportunities at Ball State last year because he's not playing basketball because of money

He’s the real deal. He also singled out Mackenzie Mbako as an extraordinary shooter, so that's nice.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If you want to hear from a true dyed in the wool, real life, ‘always dreamed of being a Hoosier’ young man, you need to listen to the Hoosier Hysterics Podcast of Payton Sparks.

->It’s surreal for him to be playing for his dream school,

-> worshipped the Watshot

-> tried underhanded free throws because of how great Rick Barry was

->favorite movie of all time is Hoosiers, and all of that.

He’s the real deal.

Smart, likeable kid.  I think this roster is very likeable in general. He seems grounded and willing to do whatever it takes.  I want this team to be so good.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

If you want to hear from a true dyed in the wool, real life, ‘always dreamed of being a Hoosier’ young man, you need to listen to the Hoosier Hysterics Podcast of Payton Sparks.

->It’s surreal for him to be playing for his dream school,

-> worshipped the Watshot

-> tried underhanded free throws because of how great Rick Barry was

->favorite movie of all time is Hoosiers, and all of that.

He’s the real deal.

I don't think there's any doubt, when Coach calls his #, we'll get maximum effort out of this young man.