Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Peyton Ramsey to Northwestern

9 minutes ago, LockdownD said:

Saw the announcement of Ramsey transfer to Northwestern. I'm a little surprised he stayed in the league.

I’m not apparently their coach recruited him. Can’t remember the whole story but there was an existing relationship and they needed a QB 

30 minutes ago, LockdownD said:

Saw the announcement of Ramsey transfer to Northwestern. I'm a little surprised he stayed in the league.

Stayed in the league but not on IU's schedule next season, correct?  I think that was one of the determining factors on where he landed.

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not apparently their coach recruited him. Can’t remember the whole story but there was an existing relationship and they needed a QB 

Smart kid. A Northwestern degree is valuable for someone not likely to play professional sports. 

I’m pretty surprised by this. Northwestern returns a pretty full QB room next year including their co starters in Aidan Smith and Hunter Johnson. He’s far from a lock to beat those two out. At least at IU he was a lock for QB2. 

6 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’m pretty surprised by this. Northwestern returns a pretty full QB room next year including their co starters in Aidan Smith and Hunter Johnson. He’s far from a lock to beat those two out. At least at IU he was a lock for QB2. 

They were both terrible last year. image.thumb.png.e63b4311b6f64034a94379018f52ffde.png

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They were both terrible last year. image.thumb.png.e63b4311b6f64034a94379018f52ffde.png

I’m not fully prepared to blame those stats on the QBs alone and TJ Green is coming back for a 6th year. They had zero experienced WRs last year. I’m not saying he can’t beat them out but I would have thought he would have picked a better situation for himself. 

Happy the Hoosiers don’t have Northwestern in 2020. NW has always been an easy team to root for in my opinion and Peyton seems like a great fit. If there’s any school in the B1G I was happy to see him transfer to it’s the Wildcats. Best of luck 12!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This guy is comparing Ramsey to Joe Burrow? Really? And according to Ramsey's dad, Tom Allen told Peyton he'd start next year. Not sure I buy that. But I suspect you're gonna want to put a Northwestern spin on things. (Especially since Greenstein went to Northwestern). 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-northwestern-peyton-ramsey-transfer-20200310-adi63kbc6jdedmgtvymh4dhbue-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0IlXTYnSasrQnVwiZbv8NTx5LrN_0YPFISR2htr2jAIwH3se3L_XJUE9A