Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Peyton Ramsey to Northwestern

11 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. We're talking about a player who left half of the games he played this season because of injury and who suffered season-ending injuries in each of the past two seasons.

Torn ACL against Penn State last year. Mystery injury against Eastern Illinois, missed the next two games. Mystery injury against Maryland, missed the next game. Broken collarbone against Northwestern. That's 4 injuries in the last 7 games he's played, with two of them ending his season. In no world does it make sense to "laugh at people who make the claim he can't stay healthy." I truly don't know why it's apparently controversial for people to say that he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy. 

As many times as he's left games with injuries it's fair to question.  4 in 7 as it stands; at best he's yet to show an ability to stay on the field and at worst he's made of glass.  Either way we have to have a plan in place if/when he breaks again, without Ramsey we need Tuttle ready to go at any moment.

7 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

As many times as he's left games with injuries it's fair to question.  4 in 7 as it stands; at best he's yet to show an ability to stay on the field and at worst he's made of glass.  Either way we have to have a plan in place if/when he breaks again, without Ramsey we need Tuttle ready to go at any moment.

Or we need Tuttle to be #1

Any idea where he might end up? ... I don't see him at a Power 5 school ... We did have a good season, but the reality is this: He was the second-string QB for one of the historically worst major conference programs. If he wants to start for his final year, I'm thinking he needs to take a step down to the Group of 5. ... Am I wrong here? 

30 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Any idea where he might end up? ... I don't see him at a Power 5 school ... We did have a good season, but the reality is this: He was the second-string QB for one of the historically worst major conference programs. If he wants to start for his final year, I'm thinking he needs to take a step down to the Group of 5. ... Am I wrong here? 

Agree

Fresno State with DeBoer? Most likely imo

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

This is the most IU football thing ever. We have our best season in a quarter century, and the player who helped us most decides to transfer. 

We're one mystery injury to Penix away from being right back at 5-7 next year. 

Thats why Im more concerned about Tuttle coming along than counting on Penix.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Thats why Im more concerned about Tuttle coming along than counting on Penix.

I think that Tuttle is a more than capable back up and that him being behind Ramsey had more to do with Ramsey being around the system much longer.  Tuttle was the fourth rated pro-style QB coming out of high school and even if that was an over rated number for him, it's very unlikely that it was way far off.  Penix is ulta-talented while Ramsey was very, very consistent and accurate on the throws he was asked to make and while the ceiling wasn't as high when Penix went out, the results didn't change much in terms of W's and L's.  That said, Tuttle's arm IS stronger than Ramsey's was.  I guess I'd say Tuttle at worst is as good as Lagow, and Lagow went to a bowl game as a junior despite being surrounded by less talent than we have going into next season.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:02 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fresno State with DeBoer? Most likely imo

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Good call.  Just looked and Fresno State had a senior QB last year who was pretty mediocre and only started his senior year.  If they had a capable behind him, he would have played some because Fresno went 4-8....but no other QB played any more than garbage time.  Ramsey would be Fresno's starter in an offensive system that he knows.  They also return their starting receivers and running back.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:58 PM, BigJoe said:

Peyton should be starter-he has earned the position  If you look at top programs the have players on the bench ready to step up  They have DEPTH      Peyton may stay--

No he didn't.  He lost the position and was a very capable backup.   He didn't outplay Penix..he just filled in admirably.

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I think that Tuttle is a more than capable back up and that him being behind Ramsey had more to do with Ramsey being around the system much longer.  Tuttle was the fourth rated pro-style QB coming out of high school and even if that was an over rated number for him, it's very unlikely that it was way far off.  Penix is ulta-talented while Ramsey was very, very consistent and accurate on the throws he was asked to make and while the ceiling wasn't as high when Penix went out, the results didn't change much in terms of W's and L's.  That said, Tuttle's arm IS stronger than Ramsey's was.  I guess I'd say Tuttle at worst is as good as Lagow, and Lagow went to a bowl game as a junior despite being surrounded by less talent than we have going into next season.

Weren't they all learning the system at the same time though since last year was DeBoer's first year with the program?

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Weren't they all learning the system at the same time though since last year was DeBoer's first year with the program?

Yes, but Ramsey had played with our receivers a lot and certainly had time to develop chemistry and timing with them.  Tuttle also had an injury that set him back and really took him out of consideration for the competition -- that pretty much locked him into the third spot, which made sense as Penix pretty much locked up the starting spot.