Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Peyton Ramsey to Northwestern

To me, Tuttle is now the key. ... Like it or not, the reality is that Penix hasn't shown he can't stay healthy. Which means that probably at some point next season, we will be turning to Tuttle. I just hope that for one, he stays; and for two, he's ready to go when called on. 

I'm still a little disappointed/confused that when Tuttle played at the end of the Michigan blowout, they didn't have him attempt a few passes. I wanted to see him throw. If all he was gonna do was hand off, they might as well have left Ramsey in. 

15 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm still a little disappointed/confused that when Tuttle played at the end of the Michigan blowout, they didn't have him attempt a few passes. I wanted to see him throw. If all he was gonna do was hand off, they might as well have left Ramsey in. 

I'm chalking it up to inexperienced coaching staff. 

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don't actively follow college football but I did see that Max Bortenschlager a QB from Indpls. who's been attending Maryland is going the grad transfer route and would be immediately available.  Is this a kid we could go after with Ramsey leaving?  

I doubt he would use a grad transfer to go compete for the backup role at IU. I think it’s officially the Penix/Tuttle show next year for better or worse. 

I was one who argued we needed Penix to compete with the big boys. I didn’t think Ramsey would get us to a bowl game.

I was wrong.

I’m glad he wore the uni with pride. He was a heck of a leader and a class act. Best of luck to him at his next stop.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Such a bummer in my opinion. What a crazy situation for IU football to be in to have 2 so capable QBs that one who was so critically important In leading us to the best season we’ve had in 26 years has to consider transferring b/c He isn’t guaranteed a starting spot during his senior year. I won’t argue that Penix has a higher ceiling but with his health always being a question, I can’t say I would have blamed the staff if they called both in after the bowl game and said Ramsey is the starter next season. If he goes down, Penix be ready to go. We’d still have 2 years of Penix after that. 

But yet I also understand that if Penix is ready we gotta roll with him and hope he stays healthy. And with that I understand Ramsey not being able to sit around and see if he gets hurt again. 

Wow, again, what a situation for IU football to be in.

If Penix gets hurt, we’ll see if Tuttle’s ability can match what his recruiting profile looked like.

I’ll miss Ramsey.  Hoping Penix stays healthy, but if Ramsey had simply graduated and Tuttle had moved up to #2, I would be pretty comfortable with Penix starting and Tuttle backing him up.

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

How close is Tuttle to being ready for meaningful play? Anyone else in the wings who might surpass Tuttle?

Tuttle was definitely in the mix last spring before an injury derailed that.  I’d put my level of confidence in Tuttle above where Ramsey was before his sophomore season.

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

To me, Tuttle is now the key. ... Like it or not, the reality is that Penix hasn't shown he can't stay healthy. Which means that probably at some point next season, we will be turning to Tuttle. I just hope that for one, he stays; and for two, he's ready to go when called on. 

Agree on Tuttle. Hoping this signifies Tuttle is ready to step up and we arent just counting on Penix.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I was one who argued we needed Penix to compete with the big boys. I didn’t think Ramsey would get us to a bowl game.

I was wrong.

I’m glad he wore the uni with pride. He was a heck of a leader and a class act. Best of luck to him at his next stop.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Have a feeling the "leader" part is what we will miss the most.

4 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

This really shouldn't come as a shock IMO.

Exactly.  Penix is a better player.  Ramsey is a good QB and a great kid.  He showed more this year than he did last, and player really well for the most part last season.  But....Penix has tools Ramsey just doesn't have, and will be the starter.  I laugh at people who make the claim he can't stay healthy.    He broke his collarbone.  It's not like he had a minor sprain that kept popping up.  Good Lord.

21 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Exactly.  Penix is a better player.  Ramsey is a good QB and a great kid.  He showed more this year than he did last, and player really well for the most part last season.  But....Penix has tools Ramsey just doesn't have, and will be the starter.  I laugh at people who make the claim he can't stay healthy.    He broke his collarbone.  It's not like he had a minor sprain that kept popping up.  Good Lord.

He tore his acl last season and got knocked out of 3 of the 6 games he played in this season. Why would you "laugh at people who make the claim he can't stay healthy?" He can't. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He tore his acl last season and got knocked out of 3 of the 6 games he played in this season. Why would you "laugh at people who make the claim he can't stay healthy?" He can't. 

Because it's an elementary, brainless, ridiculous, thoughtless, insulting cop out.  

20 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Because it's an elementary, brainless, ridiculous, thoughtless, insulting cop out.  

That doesn't make any sense at all. We're talking about a player who left half of the games he played this season because of injury and who suffered season-ending injuries in each of the past two seasons.

Torn ACL against Penn State last year. Mystery injury against Eastern Illinois, missed the next two games. Mystery injury against Maryland, missed the next game. Broken collarbone against Northwestern. That's 4 injuries in the last 7 games he's played, with two of them ending his season. In no world does it make sense to "laugh at people who make the claim he can't stay healthy." I truly don't know why it's apparently controversial for people to say that he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy.