Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Maryland at IU Game Thread 01/26 1 PM CBS

It was his best game as a Hoosier he also had his most costly mistake as a Hoosier. He was not the reason for the loss. No one single shot, pass, TO or defensive lapse was the reason. It was the collection of plays which is always the case in both wins and losses. His mistake happened at a critical juncture which is why it'll be magnified and that's just the nature of the business.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

You do know I was being sarcastic right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You do know I was being sarcastic right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So you don't think people are ignoring his good play because of the mistake? Then why bring it up?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Another attendee at yesterday's game.

Brayden Sipple @BraydenSipple2

Thank you @Archie_Miller for a great visit to @IndianaMBB yesterday!!

6'4" or 5" depending which site I saw.  Class of '21 from Blanchester HS in Blanchester, OH.  Also quarterbacks the football team.  Per MaxPreps through 14 games he's averaging 34.3 ppg; 10 reb; 3 assists; 3 stls; 1 blk.

We should have won that game. Not really CAMs fault but the players executed an epic collapse.

Durham gunning that 3 early in the shot clock was the beginning of the end. And then still we only needed to make 1 play on the next 3 possessions to win. Bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Cam defenders are now comparing Devonte Green to Brett Favre to justify him continuing to allow Green to hinder this team. That’s an impressive stretch 

Every game you have your takes on why Green hinders this team. Please explain your take on what Green did to hinder this team yesterday?

We should have won that game. Not really CAMs fault but the players executed an epic collapse.

Durham gunning that 3 early in the shot clock was the beginning of the end. And then still we only needed to make 1 play on the next 3 possessions to win. Bummed.

You hit the nail on the head. The spiral all started once Durham gunned a 3 only 5 seconds into the shot clock as we were up 7 with 3:30 to go...if he pulls that out and we don’t even get a shot up and waste the full 30 seconds, we win no doubt about it. Maryland got a long rebound and a fast break and 1 immediately following that inexplicable shot from our experienced upperclassman. Had a bad feeling following that sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The Durham ill-advised transition three with about three minutes left was the maddest I've been at my tv screen (lol) all season.

My neighbor thought the exact same thing about me haha. I got a really bad feeling when it didn't go down and they got that long rebound. A bonehead play that became the tipping point.

I thought the same on the Durham shot...the clock is your friend there man....I was also certain at the time that we’d see another just like it...trying for the dramatic KO. Heartbreaking to lose knowing you gave it away. Smh.

If we have a lead late, we need to pound the ball in the paint untill the clock is 0.0. Win or lose. That must be the strategy. Hero 3s worked for Maryland but not for us.

Those were some big time shots for MU though. I gotta give them some/most of the credit. Those final 2 triples? Like “You miss this, you lose”.