Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Maryland at IU Game Thread 01/26 1 PM CBS

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Exactly - I’m not talking about how much it makes us IU fans sad, I’m talking about tournament considerations.

It's not just that it makes us sad.  It's that we were either blown out while looking terrible, or that we let a good lead slip away.  Those are bad losses to me

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's not just that it makes us sad.  It's that we were either blown out while looking terrible, or that we let a good lead slip away.  Those are bad losses to me

So we need to be down a few (but not too much) early, valiantly struggle to make up that deficit, and courageously succumb by the narrowest of margins at the end for it to not be a “bad loss?”  ;)

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'll never understand the acceptance of losses

Losses are reality.

It’s been since 1977 that this reality has been an absolute.

If I’m only enjoying myself when things go as planned/hoped for, I’m gonna be pissed off way too often.

I'll never understand acceptance of a 6 - 10 seed and losing

Haven’t you accepted losing by still following and talking on a message board about IU basketball even though they are 4th in their own state in winning % and total wins in the last 20 years?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

30 minutes ago, Josh said:

Honest question...where we stand right now, if you put a tournament field together, is IU deserving of a bid? 

I’ll never understand someone thinking a team projected as a 6-10 seed is above losses

I guess we don't give a dang what we are projected we are iu and want to win every game especially at home. Keep winning and be a top 5 seed. You keep a level head and look at the college basketball landscape and tell us what you think is acceptable or ok. I want to be back to 40 plus game home winning streaks and national titles. Yeah it isn't in the cards this year but that don't mean expectations should drop or blowing 6 point leads in the final minutes is ok

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haven’t you accepted losing by still following and talking on a message board about IU basketball even though they are 4th in their own state in winning % and total wins in the last 20 years?

I know this isn't my beef but I don't like this post at all. No offense though I just think it is a cheap shot. Just cause he doesn't quit loving the Hoosiers or posting on a message board don't mean he accepts losing.

I know this isn't my beef but I don't like this post at all. No offense though I just think it is a cheap shot. Just cause he doesn't quit loving the Hoosiers or posting on a message board don't mean he accepts losing.

I’m just saying in a way we all have accepted it in some form or another. If I truly didn’t accept losing I wouldn’t of watched the 100 + losses IU has had in the last 6 years

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I see the negative posters are out in full force tonight. If only they would post this much after a win.

Screw this post so much. Most posters post frequently regardless of the outcome. 

This post is further proof that the concerns by the realistic fans haven’t been addressed and people are at a loss as to why. 

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Losses are reality.

It’s been since 1977 that this reality has been an absolute.

If I’m only enjoying myself when things go as planned/hoped for, I’m gonna be pissed off way too often.

Also none of us would ever play golf again.