Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Maryland at IU Game Thread 01/26 1 PM CBS

IU was the better team on the floor, no question. Can’t defend every contested three that somehow finds the hoop. 70% from the line, just under 50% from 3. Only 6 turnovers the whole game. Just dumb mistakes in the last minute eclipses all that. Still, it’s progress. 

I appreciate your insight and attempt to ease my stress and you watch far more basketball than I could even imagine. Yeah last year is very fresh in my mind but so is a lot of years of iu basketball of devastation. I pray you are correct. I think we need 5 wins hopefully we can get them  
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 more in the regular season and Hoosier fans will be watching their team in NCAA tournament. I would put it at 98 percent. They won’t keep a team out playing in the best conference and going 9-11 with no bad losses. Sos will be top 15 as well. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, NOLA Hoosier said:

IU was the better team on the floor, no question. Can’t defend every contested three that somehow finds the hoop. 70% from the line, just under 50% from 3. Only 6 turnovers the whole game. Just dumb mistakes in the last minute eclipses all that. Still, it’s progress. 

We just beat a higher ranked team. Making dumb mistakes to lose game right after that is the opposite of progress. 

Any illusions I had about the new commissioner fixing officiating were dashed quite nicely also today. If anything expect it to get worse now. 

And you know he won't how? Was he supposed to go down at halftime and tell them to straighten up? Lol. Maybe on this tour he is on, he will see it needs fixed. Give him a freaking chance. I hope he fixes it, but man talk about a hot take.

I was really upset with the loss, but the news about Kobe and his daughter really kind of put things in perspective. You really don’t know when your time is up. Love the people close to you. And loving people outside of your enter circle couldn’t hurt either. Dam - The videos of Kobe and Gigi are heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Getting down double digits and fighting back and taking an 8 point lead as opposed to getting down double digits and not fighting and being down 30 might be viewed as progress.

I’ll view it as progress when we don’t routinely forget how to play one side of the ball for a long stretch 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We just beat a higher ranked team. Making dumb mistakes to lose game right after that is the opposite of progress. 

You mean the team that clown stomped us the first time and we outplayed today despite the result?

3 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

And you know he won't how? Was he supposed to go down at halftime and tell them to straighten up? Lol. Maybe on this tour he is on, he will see it needs fixed. Give him a freaking chance. I hope he fixes it, but man talk about a hot take.

If they are willing to job the home team in front of him they clearly have no reason to believe he’s going to do anything about it. 

People tend to be on their best behavior around the new boss unless they don’t think he cares. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

0-2 after failing to show up for long stretches of both games. That’s not really progress in my mind. 

This post comes right after you just posted that we were jobbed by the refs at home.....and yet you see know progress after playing against them previously and getting blown out from horn to horn to today?

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’ll view it as progress when we don’t routinely forget how to play one side of the ball for a long stretch 

How many teams do you think go through Big Ten play and don't have long stretches where the results aren't there in a game?  Maryland sure as heck did today.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

This post comes right after you just posted that we were jobbed by the refs at home.....and yet you see know progress after playing against them previously and getting blown out from horn to horn to today?

I do think the refs jobbed us but we also failed to show up for D for 12 minutes and our offense ground to a halt in the final few minutes. That wasn’t the refs. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

How many teams do you think go through Big Ten play and don't have long stretches where the results aren't there in a game?  Maryland sure as heck did today.

For us it’s become routine. If it were a once in a while thing that would be different. 

Scary to some. I’m guessing last year is fresh in peoples minds. All I can say is IU looks the part of a ncaa tournament that’s not on the bubble. They are going to have to win some games but if you are doing the eye test around the rest of college basketball IU is going to be just fine come selection Sunday. Today is a tough one because they let a quad 1a game slip away. Lucky for them they have 9 of those left

Or unlucky depending on how you look at it because that means much less margin for error. I understand what you are saying as the opportunity for good wins is there and I agree I'd rather be in that position as opposed to the opposite but it's still worrisome having such a difficult schedule left when we need 4-5 more wins

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I was really upset with the loss, but the news about Kobe and his daughter really kind of put things in perspective. You really don’t know when your time is up. Love the people close to you. And loving people outside of your enter circle couldn’t hurt either. Dam - The videos of Kobe and Gigi are heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
It's why I don't get bent out of shape when my teams lose. In the end there are for more important things in life. That doesnt mean I don't want to win, or I am ok with mediocrity either.i just don't let it affect my emotions for days or even hours after a loss or win.I used to be one of those that was pissed about a loss for days. But losing loved ones to diseases, some of my fellow soldiers to war and having to live with a chronic pain disability that doesnt let me be the breadwinner in the house showed me I was was wrong being that way.