Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Maryland at IU Game Thread 01/26 1 PM CBS

We started slowing the offense down the last several possessions and that changes our offense from one that looks to score inside to one that shoots a 3 or a guard drives.

Devonte had a good enough game to warrant being in at the end but combine our slow down offense with him in there at the end you are more likely to have bad decisions.

What we did (with Green in there) to get the lead we went away from down the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As angry as I am. I’m more disappointed. We started off the game with no defense for 12 minutes. Then we closed the game out with no offense. 

It’s been 12 years of these Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde teams. I’m just exhausted. If we’re gonna be a defensive team let’s be a defensive team and bring it every game. 

Just find 4 more wins. I don’t care how or where, but that’s all we need to get in the tourney which is the goal this year. If we can get in the tourney and we play our best basketball we can compete with anyone. Just can’t let this loss linger and that’s what I’m really afraid of.

Just joining, had to drive and listen to the game, but man, I told my wife it sounded like we were getting homered at home! Didn’t see any of it, but that’s a lot more times they were at the line.

RP missed the front end of a huge one-and-one with about three minutes left, I believe.
Al took a three pointer very early in the shot clock when we were up a couple of possessions with about two minutes left.
Jerome Hunter's turnover was inexplicable.
If Smith and Brunk make layups in the first half, we're not having this conversation.
If TJD hadn't committed a head scratching illegal screen to start the game or a foul early in the second half, he doesn't have to sit for any length of time.
But you are right.....in the end it's just convenient and lazy to lay it Green.  Also lazy and convenient to blame it all on Archie Miller when things go bad but give no credit when they go well.
Teams win and lose as a team.

100%. I’ve been hard on Green and Archie, but I definitely didn’t think IU lost because of either of them today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

100%. I’ve been hard on Green and Archie, but I definitely didn’t think IU lost because of either of them today.

I find it hard to not blame archie in a game like this. His team sucks at free throws. They didn't play smart down the stretch. What's not to blame the coach for. He is probably taking full responsibility ad he should

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, coonhounds said:

I find it hard to not blame archie in a game like this. His team sucks at free throws. They didn't play smart down the stretch. What's not to blame the coach for. He is probably taking full responsibility ad he should

My big gripe is letting the opposing team score 35 points in the first 12 minutes.  We then held them up 35 points the next 27 minutes. Then gave up 7 points in the final minute. 

if you are gonna be a defensive minded team be a defensive minded team. 

We started slowing the offense down the last several possessions and that changes our offense from one that looks to score inside to one that shoots a 3 or a guard drives.

Devonte had a good enough game to warrant being in at the end but combine our slow down offense with him in there at the end you are more likely to have bad decisions.

What we did (with Green in there) to get the lead we went away from down the stretch.

It’s the same as last year..... Archie likes to hold the ball too long with no offense. I get holding the ball, this is year 2 that’s it’s really hurt us. Run the offense and only settle on close looks until it gets closer to shot clock.

Sucks to see us screw this game away and then have two games on the road.

My big gripe is letting the opposing team score 35 points in the first 12 minutes.  We then held them up 35 points the next 27 minutes. Then gave up 7 points in the final minute. 

if you are gonna be a defensive minded team be a defensive minded team. 
Fair. This game is crushing. This could be the start of a very tough stretch