Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs MSU Game Thread 1/23 8:30 FS1

You ever been on Twitter? 

Over the top is pretty obvious. 

Ridiculous. Sure. Every team that generates interest and money has “over the top” fans. Every. Single. Team. We aren’t some isolated monster of a fan base.

That we have sucked so long, we now believe having passionate fans is our problem is to truly shocking conclusion here.

The reason it stands out so much is because we’ve been bad for so long, we hear from the frustrated portion more frequently and continuously.

Archie has had a decent leash but by year 3 that is wearing out. He starts winning and being a top 20 team each year, the noise will absolutely quiet down.

But we haven’t had a good year yet, so this year could set the stage if it ends favorably.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think 13-7 could win the conference

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I agree....honestly, with us in the mix at this point and with how we are trending upward, we could very well share or win the conference title. Take care of home and split our 3 sets of two game road trips to only lose 3 more conference games. Totally achievable if we keep playing like we have been.

Sent from my LM-G850 using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ridiculous. Sure. Every team that generates interest and money has “over the top” fans. Every. Single. Team. We aren’t some isolated monster of a fan base.

That we have sucked so long, we now believe having passionate fans is our problem is to truly shocking conclusion here.

The reason it stands out so much is because we’ve been bad for so long, we hear from the frustrated portion more frequently and continuously.

Archie has had a decent leash but by year 3 that is wearing out. He starts winning and being a top 20 team each year, the noise will absolutely quiet down.

But we haven’t had a good year yet, so this year could set the stage if it ends favorably.

Plus, anyone can be anyone they want to be on Twitter. Those crazy "IU" fans could very well be Kentucky fans or Purdue fans hiding behind fake accounts to make IU look bad. Whenever a kid posts his top 50 schools list the replies are full of love from IU fans, and yet we're supposed to believe that the few bad apples are driving them away. 

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

Apparently we need to become a less passionate fan base and expect less from our players/recruits...it’s hurting our recruiting per Izzo. Dislike this guy more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's only "scrutiny" when the team is losing. Nobody complains about the rockstar status and all that comes with it when the team is winning.

As an observation, how did Al not get that And 1 with full moving contact, and Winston gets the calls while hunting for contact and barely getting any? I remember when Eric Gordon got those bs calls lol
I initially questioned the same thing but then felt the replay showed that he was not fouled. That is I'm assuming you're talking about his last 3?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Another week, another record...

@IndianaMBB's win over Michigan State is the most-watched college basketball game in FS1 HISTORY 🥇

That’s awesome! Tic... it must be all those awful Indiana fans tuning in that tipped the scales.

33 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I initially questioned the same thing but then felt the replay showed that he was not fouled. That is I'm assuming you're talking about his last 3?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

No, his drive against the big guy(blanking on name). I don't think it was a horrible call but torsos slamming (in this case) vs Winston grazing a shoulder and getting a call is bothersome. 

That’s awesome! Tic... it must be all those awful Indiana fans tuning in that tipped the scales.

Izzo will take all the credit and say it was because Sparty was playing

Surprised more hasnt been mentioned about Race actually contributing in a big game.

I guess, I mean it was his best game yet but that doesn’t say much. While only a sophomore, he’s been in the system for almost 3 years, I think many of us hoped he would be further along.

I thought he would be draymond green light and he has only been light

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I never said we were an isolated fanbase.

7 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Apparently we need to become a less passionate fan base and expect less from our players/recruits...it’s hurting our recruiting per Izzo. Dislike this guy more and more.

This is inaccurate. No where in this article by this guy it quotes Izzo as saying this. This was the author's insights from talking to a few recruits about Indiana. Also, this guy Hondo Carpenter, writes for Sparty Nation SI. Take it for what its worth.