Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs MSU Game Thread 1/23 8:30 FS1

15 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

SnipImage.thumb.JPG.07c480c8a69c72592f5437de32a13c53.JPG

Suck on that Cassius! 

Seems pretty obvious. Cassius threw his face right into Al’s hand to try to get the call smh

Who guessed Al would turn into our enforcer? Also you guys may know, Brunk had a reputation in the Big East as a dirty/rough player. In the B1G he’s like a finesse guy. 

And the same people that have blind faith in him can't watch some of the absolute garbage performances they have and do the same? Sure but are they likely to? Nope. And we've seen trends for 2 1/2 years that suggest the "bad" have been more prevalent than the "good". There is a lot of season left and I'd like to see how it goes. If you want to declare it a success already then go ahead but that tells me a lot about you in that case. On a side note: are you incapable of communicating with people without doing so in a condescending and arrogant way?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I’ve definitely been impressed with our intensity and of course, ability to pull out some key wins lately.

I was never one on the Archie is the guy not on the Fire Archie wagon but was beginning to really question whether he was the right fit as we struggled mightily and even when winning were seeing some of the same issues we’ve seen for 2.5 seasons.

Again, I was never on the fire Archie wagon and I don’t think many truly were, just a few that were loud and many like me that publically started to share my doubts that I was having.

Anywho, glad to see they have strung together some key wins and hoping like crazy we can finish strong and go into the post season knowing we are in and just debating the seed

Edit: I know your post was directed at oldfriend but find myself sitting somewhere in the middle between the two sides.

Interesting debate nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I’ve definitely been impressed with our intensity and of course, ability to pull out some key wins lately.

I was never one on the Archie is the guy not on the Fire Archie wagon but was beginning to really question whether he was the right fit as we struggled mightily and even when winning were seeing some of the same issues we’ve seen for 2.5 seasons.

Again, I was never on the fire Archie wagon and I don’t think many truly were, just a few that were loud and many like me that publically started to share my doubts that I was having.

Anywho, glad to see they have strung together some key wins and hoping like crazy we can finish strong and go into the post season knowing we are in and just debating the seed

Edit: I know your post was directed at oldfriend but find myself sitting somewhere in the middle between the two sides.

Interesting debate nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Now this is a post I can understand. You can point out that things are going well, but also have things that are concerning sometimes during the season.

I think a lot of people forget how long the season is. There are going to be ups and downs. Two or three weeks ago people would have had you believe Holtman was the next Wooden, now that they are struggling he doesn't know what he's doing. There are so many things that go on during the season that are uncontrollable. 

I don't think everyone bought into the team atmosphere last season, but truly believe it has happened so far this season. But no guarantee that if something doesn't go our way it won't happen again. 

2 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Based on the known strength of the conference, and the number of Quad 1 wins that record would have us with, I think 22-9 (12-8) is more likely a tie for 3rd/4th in conference and a 4/5 seed in the Dance. Have to think the committee will look favorably on B1G teams given the gauntlet they face in conference this year as opposed to a team like Virginia Tech or NC State sitting in 4th place in a down ACC that comes out with a similar overall record.

It is certainly possible. I think there are going to be a cluster of teams at 12-8/13-7. 

17 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That was close. Nobody snitched on the water bottle thrower. Cops are still in the crowd and everywhere here to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just saw on Twitter that the water bottle thrower may have actually been a Michigan State Fan?  

Here's the tweet:

I can't tell but this could just be a MSU fan with a Fake IU Student ID in the Student Section and not involved in the bottle throwing (based on the security's reaction to whatever he gave the security guard). 

But it begs the question, if the ref doesn't see who throws the bottle, can they really give a Tech to the home team if they don't know which team's fan threw something onto the court? 

So on the road, an IU fan needs to dress up in the other teams gear and bombard the floor with bottles while trying not to get caught by security to get us few extra points on the board.  Correct?

3 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Just saw on Twitter that the water bottle thrower may have actually been a Michigan State Fan?  

Here's the tweet:

I can't tell but this could just be a MSU fan with a Fake IU Student ID in the Student Section and not involved in the bottle throwing (based on the security's reaction to whatever he gave the security guard). 

But it begs the question, if the ref doesn't see who throws the bottle, can they really give a Tech to the home team if they don't know which team's fan threw something onto the court? 

So on the road, an IU fan needs to dress up in the other teams gear and bombard the floor with bottles while trying not to get caught by security to get us few extra points on the board.  Correct?

Thought this same thing forever... especially after an initial warning has been given and they make an announcement to the crowd... opposing fans should definitely get secretive and throw things on the court in a close game towards the end...

I mean they SHOULDN'T.... but I am surprised it hasn't happened considering the rules seem to make it a T against the Home team regardless.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

indiana-michigan-state-lineups.jpg

WOW, I am actually very surprised by the effectiveness of the lineups with Green in the game.... as I watched I would have said those were the worst times in the game.... maybe it is skewed because the total minutes of those lineups has to be pretty small...

I have always been a big fan of Green, but he is slowly but surely losing me...

I am now all aboard the Joey Buckets bandwagon!!!!

11 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Thought this same thing forever... especially after an initial warning has been given and they make an announcement to the crowd... opposing fans should definitely get secretive and throw things on the court in a close game towards the end...

I mean they SHOULDN'T.... but I am surprised it hasn't happened considering the rules seem to make it a T against the Home team regardless.

Agree. Not really sure what’s stopping some insanely stupid fans from going on the road and earning their team a couple free throws and possession at the end of a close game. 

Boohoo, I can never go to Ohio State’s empty cave of an arena again? That’s too bad. 

18 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Apparently we need to become a less passionate fan base and expect less from our players/recruits...it’s hurting our recruiting per Izzo. Dislike this guy more and more.

There's a difference between passion and what some fans do. Now.. to the recruits, that's a weak reason not to be interested, but some of our fans are entirely too over the top. 

35 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Apparently we need to become a less passionate fan base and expect less from our players/recruits...it’s hurting our recruiting per Izzo. Dislike this guy more and more.

100% sure this is a lie. Was taken from a ridiculously awful article with bad grammar and an obviously tacked-on aside while recapping about the actual game.

There is a difference between being passionate and stupid with criticism

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There's a difference between passion and what some fans do. Now.. to the recruits, that's a weak reason not to be interested, but some of our fans are entirely too over the top. 

“Over the top” ?

What does that mean? They love the team and REALLY want them to win. Get pissed when they lose?

Signed every passionate fan in the world.

The self loathing Indiana fan thing is tiresome.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

“Over the top” ?

What does that mean? They love the team and REALLY want them to win. Get pissed when they lose?

Signed every passionate fan in the world.

The self loathing Indiana fan thing is tiresome.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

You ever been on Twitter? 

Over the top is pretty obvious. 

47 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Izzo didn't say this. It was from the blogger, not Izzo.

55 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

MSU recruits told me they love the school and Coach Izzo because they can sexually assault women and get away with it. 

Oops, I can make things up too. Izzo is a tool