Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Who would you choose?

My alma mater, U Indy.  Teams personnel other than the team I grew up watching — IU — and the school I attended are the only I have an investment in.  Team personnel change so often I don’t have any reason to buy into being nterested in them for anything but a short span.

My daughter is at UIndy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

42 minutes ago, mamasa said:

My daughter is at UIndy emoji846.png

U Indy's basketball team having a nice year so far -- 15-4 overall.  They beat Loyala in an exhibition to start the year.  Last year they beat Valpo in an exhibition and a few years ago they beat Tennessee in an exhibition when Tennessee was ranked in the preseason.

College of Charleston - they were the first D1 school to send me correspondence for basketball. They never really recruited me but it was exciting at the time. I’m always checking on how their season is going and hoping for them to make the tournament.

Bellarmine - Coach Scotty Davenport has always been great to me. When they make the transition to D1, I will continue to be a huge Knights fan.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

BTW, back in the days before the internet was widely available, I wrote letters to tons of schools asking for a copy of their season stat for a project I was doing (it was a dos based college basketball text sim).  Most replied and sent the stats;  some sent me their media guides (Notre Dame did).  But one coach not only sent me the media guide but took the time to write a hand written letter thanking me for the interest in his program.

That coach was Dave Bliss when he was at New Mexico.  Fast forward about ten years and he was fired at Baylor when he was embroiled in his disgraceful actions at Baylor.  It saddened me because prior to that I had every reason to believe he was a great guy.

so I guess I still kind of pull for New Mexico because it brings back a good memory....and typically root against Baylor because actions there tainted an old memory.

Butler. I cheered for them back when they were the little program that rarely ever made the tournament. Got to see them in both NCAA championships and don’t have a problem cheering for them.

They have become a great program for such a small school despite having several of their coaches move up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 hours ago, IUsafety said:

College of Charleston - they were the first D1 school to send me correspondence for basketball. They never really recruited me but it was exciting at the time. I’m always checking on how their season is going and hoping for them to make the tournament.

Bellarmine - Coach Scotty Davenport has always been great to me. When they make the transition to D1, I will continue to be a huge Knights fan.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yes yes Bellarmine!

Bellarmine is literally 2 blocks from where I live and they are definitely my favorite team from Kentucky. I watched the All-Stars game with Damezi and Romeo Langford in that gym. I should’ve known then when the 3/4/5-Star Indiana kids got beat by a bunch of no-star Kentucky kids

Bellarmine is literally 2 blocks from where I live and they are definitely my favorite team from Kentucky. I watched the All-Stars game with Damezi and Romeo Langford in that gym. I should’ve known then when the 3/4/5-Star Indiana kids got beat by a bunch of no-star Kentucky kids

You will have D-1 basketball 2 blocks from where you live soon. Bellarmine will be joining the ASUN conference