Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Who would you choose?

I just released an article on this (which I won’t plug here). What teams from any out every conference would you want to see be good to great every year? From teams consistently on the bubble to teams consistently great.

Just a couple I chose that might be different than some others(outside of Indiana): Xavier, UNLV, Northern Iowa, Charlotte are just 4 of many I chose. Including creating my perfect bracket, or at least as close to perfect I could make, by seed line. I had Xavier as a 4 seed, UNLV as a 5 seed, UNI as an 8 seed and Charlotte as a 10 seed. Two notables I completely left out were Wisconsin and Virginia.

Just wondering what anyone else would choose or would like to see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A little hazy on the question. But if what you’re asking is who outside IU I want to be consistently good, I root for who I believe to be really great coaches but for varying reasons aren’t sexy enough to get big time jobs. So St Mary’s, ETSU and Davidson. 

I don't understand this question? Like what teams do we like other than iu or what teams we think will be good? If what team do I like other than iu nobody

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Basically what team or teams would you like to see be consistently good. Who you might feel that when they are good, college basketball is better because of it.

A little hazy on the question. But if what you’re asking is who outside IU I want to be consistently good, I root for who I believe to be really great coaches but for varying reasons aren’t sexy enough to get big time jobs. So St Mary’s, ETSU and Davidson. 

I included Davidson too. From ETSU’s conference, I chose Mercer just because I liked their jerseys when they beat Duke in 2014 or 2015.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Basically what team or teams would you like to see be consistently good. Who you might feel that when they are good, college basketball is better because of it.

Guess I still don't understand your question....or misunderstand your logic.  I don't see how Xavier, UNLV, Charlotte, Davidson and Mercer being good makes college basketball any better.  I couldn't tell you how well any of those were last year or how well they are doing this year other than Xavier is usually pretty good.  

Guess I still don't understand your question....or misunderstand your logic.  I don't see how Xavier, UNLV, Charlotte, Davidson and Mercer being good makes college basketball any better.  I couldn't tell you how well any of those were last year or how well they are doing this year other than Xavier is usually pretty good.  

It’s for you personally. Who you want to see. Mercer being good every year and winning their conference almost every year may not make college basketball as a whole great, but it will make it a little better for me. I’ll feel better anyways. So it is who YOU want to see good. Like Indiana and UCLA being Top 15 teams again or a team like Charlotte that I picked just because I remember them being good once when I was little. Or Connecticut being good again. It’s just what team you want to see be good that you feel would make college basketball better for you. Because that’s what you would like to see.

IUPUI, IUS, IUK, IUN, IUE, IUPUC, Hanover, Valpo, Vincennes, Southern Indiana...basically any Indiana team not named Purdue, Notre Dame, or Butler.

But actually, probably Texas Tech. I like Chris Beard and I hope they beat Kentucky just like UofL.

2 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Used to root for Knight at Texas Tech.. Even have a Red Raiders shirt that says "He's Back" on the back from when Knight was hired.

Now I root for IU and the building to collapse at all other games, exclusively.

Wow, wouldn't go quite that far.

Unless it's pUKe; then I hope the stadium collapses shortly before being consumed by a large sinkhole.

My alma mater, U Indy.  Teams personnel other than the team I grew up watching — IU — and the school I attended are the only I have an investment in.  Team personnel change so often I don’t have any reason to buy into being nterested in them for anything but a short span.