Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Football Off-Season

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

So our rb rotation will likely be: Scott, Baldwin, Lloyd.

That'll be just fine.

David Ellis started to be used in the backfield as the rotation was hit by injury late last season. I’d look for him to be there a fair amount during spring. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

David Ellis started to be used in the backfield as the rotation was hit by injury late last season. I’d look for him to be there a fair amount during spring. 

He was the first guy I thought of as a potential position change but I assume that would require the WR corp (esp Whop) to stay healthy and Rashawn Williams ability to start day one unless there’s a RS Freshman whos made strides. Da’Shaun Brown immediately comes to mind along with Jordan Jakes. 

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

He was the first guy I thought of as a potential position change but I assume that would require the WR corp (esp Whop) to stay healthy and Rashawn Williams ability to start day one unless there’s a RS Freshman whos made strides. Da’Shaun Brown immediately comes to mind along with Jordan Jakes. 

Keep an eye on Jacolby Hewitt along those lines if he comes back healthy from a torn ACL. Ellis will likely be a guy that moves around a lot just to get him the ball a little like how Taylor was used before he moved to defense. 

44 minutes ago, coachv jr said:

i don't think we had too much depth at rb. just because you a half dozen rb's doesn't mean depth. they have to have better than average talent. only scott proved that. sampson may have but couldn't gain any traction until scott went down late. he only had one decent game. walker was terrible, along the lines of majette or devonte williams (i think that's his name). never saw any of those 3 ever break a tackle or juke a defender. not one time. gest? meh. we need an upgrade of overall talent at the position 

No argument from me.  Who knows why some of the players weren't able to perform on the football field.  

I was talking in terms of a 'Depth Chart' meaning there's players behind the starters.  That doesn't mean, as you have clearly indicated here that they're productive on the field.  It just means, the roster has backups to fill a spot should a spot need filled.  IU now has some holes to fill the depth chart.    

Matthew Weaver @MB_Weaver

BREAKING NEWS: Sources confirm with http://Peegs.com that Aaron Wellman is the new strength coach for #iufb. Wellman has been the head strength coach for the New York Giants for the last 4 years. 

BREAKING NEWS: Sources confirm with http://Peegs.com that Aaron Wellman is the new strength coach for #iufb. Wellman has been the head strength coach for the New York Giants for the last 4 years. 

Wow that seems pretty good eh. I was at the stadium when another big name came in and this one seems better

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

“Wanna work with a guy who puts you at NFL level? We got that.”

(though just barely, cause it’s the Giants)

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

“Wanna work with a guy who puts you at NFL level? We got that.”

(though just barely, cause it’s the Giants)

They've won 2 SBs the last 13 years.