Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU Football Off-Season

16 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

We are talking about the premier college football program in the last 10 years and maybe of all time. No way you turn that down for IU.

He’s a strength and conditioning coach not an offensive coordinator. This is an all risk zero reward move. If he clashes with Saban or any of the other coaches he’s gone. If a key player gets hurt on his watch, he’s gone. If everything goes perfectly he gets none of the credit. All for what? A few extra bucks? To uproot you’re family? He has two teenage daughters who I can’t imagine would be too stoked about switching schools and moving to Tuscaloosa. 

You don’t abandon your home for a lateral move and if he’s getting paid that much more than shame on Allen and the administration for not stepping up to the table. If being a part of a program that wins a national championship is that important to him, then so be it. I would think continuing to build his alma matre into a relevant program and being recognized specifically as a catalyst for it having improved success would be a better career move in his industry than going to Alabama and trying to mold your S&C program into what they do there. If Ballou thinks he’s getting free reign to implement his program there as he sees fit he’s either crazy or being sold a bill of goods. The grass isn’t always greener and there’s more examples of that in recent memory than the contrary. 

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per source: Indiana running back Sampson James, a four-star recruit in the 2019 class, has entered the NCAA transfer portal. Had offers from schools like Ohio State and Michigan.

Now I think some questions need to be asked. Up until now the losses were at positions we had plenty of depth and were not likely to play much baring injuries.

Running back outside of Scott we have no one left and James was going to be a huge contributor next season. Someone needs to question Tom Allen why all these players would want to leave after such a great season if they supposedly love him so much? Something stinks here.   

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per source: Indiana running back Sampson James, a four-star recruit in the 2019 class, has entered the NCAA transfer portal. Had offers from schools like Ohio State and Michigan.

Wow. What is going on here? 

That’s really disappointing. He had a good year and would get major carries next year.  Ronnie Walker also gone. Getting thin

36 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

He’s a strength and conditioning coach not an offensive coordinator. This is an all risk zero reward move. If he clashes with Saban or any of the other coaches he’s gone. If a key player gets hurt on his watch, he’s gone. If everything goes perfectly he gets none of the credit. All for what? A few extra bucks? To uproot you’re family? He has two teenage daughters who I can’t imagine would be too stoked about switching schools and moving to Tuscaloosa. 

You don’t abandon your home for a lateral move and if he’s getting paid that much more than shame on Allen and the administration for not stepping up to the table. If being a part of a program that wins a national championship is that important to him, then so be it. I would think continuing to build his alma matre into a relevant program and being recognized specifically as a catalyst for it having improved success would be a better career move in his industry than going to Alabama and trying to mold your S&C program into what they do there. If Ballou thinks he’s getting free reign to implement his program there as he sees fit he’s either crazy or being sold a bill of goods. The grass isn’t always greener and there’s more examples of that in recent memory than the contrary. 

YOU won't abandon your home for a lateral move. He would. Having the chance to work with the best athletes in the nation. Having the opportunity to be part of an annual Championship contending program?  That's an entry into doing whatever he darn well pleases from that point forward. 

Does it suck?  For us, IU Fans, absolutely. But for him and his family, obviously not. We don't even know specifics surrounding financials at this point (that I'm aware of) so everything mentioned is pure speculation.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Now I think some questions need to be asked. Up until now the losses were at positions we had plenty of depth and were not likely to play much baring injuries.

Running back outside of Scott we have no one left and James was going to be a huge contributor next season. Someone needs to question Tom Allen why all these players would want to leave after such a great season if they supposedly love him so much? Something stinks here.   

It's Indiana football. Most other D1 football schools care enough to have some accountability here. However, Allen is going to ride this 8-4 season for probably a few years without anyone saying a word. And basketball season allows this to go under the radar to many. We've managed to now lose a top OL, a damn good backup QB, two key RB's, and at least four coaches I think? 

I don't ever think I have seen a max exodus for a team coming off their best season in years with the HC still around and a talented QB coming back....

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

It's Indiana football. Most other D1 football schools care enough to have some accountability here. However, Allen is going to ride this 8-4 season for probably a few years without anyone saying a word. And basketball season allows this to go under the radar to many. We've managed to now lose a top OL, a damn good backup QB, two key RB's, and at least four coaches I think? 

I don't ever think I have seen a max exodus for a team coming off their best season in years with the HC still around and a talented QB coming back....

Along with our star tight end's status currently in limbo. Now we have a very injury prone starting quarterback with an unproven back up, and no one at running back behind Scott.