Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Joey Brunk Appreciation Thread

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I can't recall a player moving from my "why is he playing so much?" list to "never take him out" list as fast as Brunk has. He has potential to be one of my top 20 or so favorites of all-time and that wasn't even conceivable for me at the beginning of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I’ll proudly wear my “I talked ish about Brunk way before he deserved it” shirt. 

And there are those who believe next season Brunk shouldn't start alongside Smith and TJD. What has Smith brought offensively that Hunter (with a full season under his belt) can't bring next year? Personally its too early to tell. Let's see how Rob is shooting come March. Al and Franklin too. I understand that some want a shooter in the lineup next season, but I don't see one coming in as of yet.

2 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Love this kid too. I hope he has a great year and decides to come back one more year.

It seems like we have been staying one or two under the scholly limit. As far as I'm concerned, he is a 22 year old player/assistant coach already--one that can contribute on the court. Not sure if he wants to get grad degrees or make money playing in Europe for a few years, but I wish he'd stay for a good long while.

On the topic of Brunk anybody know if he’s slimmed down a bit so he could be a bit faster.  Seemed like he was just a step to slow last year on the defensive end.  Which teams were exploiting 

I’m not sure his limitation was weight. Hopefully, we won’t see Brunk hedging screens at 90’ this season. That’s a recipe for disaster regardless if he’s slimmed down or not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app