Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Joey Brunk Appreciation Thread

Glad to see this thread. I don't think Joey has been given proper credit for what he brings to the team. He is solid, durable, and gives consistently good effort. He has exceeded my expectations and I am really looking forward to seeing what he does next year after a year in the program. His influence on the young guys on the team going forward should not be underestimated either. To me, this is what culture building looks like.

I’ll be the first to say I was wrong about him. I’m glad he’s a Hoosier!

I believe it goes beyond his rebounding or low post scoring. I’ve seen Archie tear into him while he’s going to sit in the bench. When Brunk has re-entered the game he’s played with more energy and focus.

He’s been great for TJD too, both in helping teach him and defending the bigger 5s in the conference.

Looking forward to watching Brunk continue to ball this season and next.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

33 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Glad to see this thread. I don't think Joey has been given proper credit for what he brings to the team. He is solid, durable, and gives consistently good effort. He has exceeded my expectations and I am really looking forward to seeing what he does next year after a year in the program. His influence on the young guys on the team going forward should not be underestimated either. To me, this is what culture building looks like.

Agreed, I'll be a little shocked if he's not a captain next season.

Him and Phinisee would be my guess

I could see Smith getting the nod. Could help him come out of his shell a bit and be more vocal. And we will need that from him next season as he will likely be one of our 3 best players again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Brunk has been a great addition.

He has been a good match-up in a wider variety of games than I anticipated. Thought he would primarily provide minutes in “banger games” but he has been more versatile than that. 

I can't recall a player moving from my "why is he playing so much?" list to "never take him out" list as fast as Brunk has. He has potential to be one of my top 20 or so favorites of all-time and that wasn't even conceivable for me at the beginning of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk