Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Nebraska Game Thread 1/18 7 PM BTN

31 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Just browsed 4 different Nebraska boards- the most popular one had 58 posts lol. Also, they feel like the refs favored IU.....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There’s 4 Nebraska boards that were even aware they had a basketball team?  Some real excitement building with that fanbase 

Phinisee looked like he was in pain on the bench. I got a feeling at the end of the year we are going to find out he is playing through something he should of probably sat out more time for.

Phinisee looked like he was in pain on the bench. I got a feeling at the end of the year we are going to find out he is playing through something he should of probably sat out more time for.

Probably right. He has not been driving to the basket like he was last year at all. Might have something to do with his legs. Hopefully he will be able to make it through the year and recoup over the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I saw he was limping noticeably in the Rutgers game.hes hurting for sure. Hope he can keep toughing it out

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

From personal experience it’s possible he just doesn’t feel right even if healthy. I was hurt before the season my senior year. I was fine health wise by the time season started. But just couldn’t get right. Can’t push yourself to the max in the weight room if you’ve got a game later in the evening. Which handicaps a trainers program. 

32 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Really happy we have Brunk for another year. I could see his leadership being huge next season. Really hope we have TJD for another year as well.

Brunk is a junior in eligibility and will be back next year.

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

Serious question when was the last game where we didn't have at least an 8 minute field goal drought?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I don't think we had a drought like that against Ohio State, but I could be wrong.

57 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He grimaced like he had a hernia when he sat down and held his groin, but since he gets treatment, that's probably not the injury.

We did hit 8 threes. Nebraska hit 9. They also shot 30.

I believe 6 of our 8 makes came in the first half. Water eventually finds its level. It is not sustainable for a team who has struggled to make even 25% from distance to be attempting 26. That’s way too many, wide open or not. Tonight a few went in that saved our bacon. Most nights though, we’re going to need to limit those attempts to 15 or less. For us, the three point attempt is a turnover. Good on Hunter and franklin for stepping up and knocking a couple in, but allowing Smith, Hunter, Franklin and Thompson to amass 12 of 26 attempts is not a formula for success in most cases. It scares me actually.

2 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I believe 6 of our 8 makes came in the first half. Water eventually finds its level. It is not sustainable for a team who has struggled to make even 25% from distance to be attempting 26. That’s way too many, wide open or not. Tonight a few went in that saved our bacon. Most nights though, we’re going to need to limit those attempts to 15 or less. For us, the three point attempt is a turnover. Good on Hunter and franklin for stepping up and knocking a couple in, but allowing Smith, Hunter, Franklin and Thompson to amass 12 of 26 attempts is not a formula for success in most cases. It scares me actually.

We hit 8 of 26 tonight -- 31%.  We are at 30% for the season.  So I wouldn't say that 'a few went in' like it was luck.....we hit what would be expected based on past performance.  And honestly, the makeup of this team is that we will likely win if all we do is hit 30% from three, we do pretty damn well.  We hit 35%.....really well.  I think that in three of our four losses we've shot under 30% from three.....and the one we didn't we were just 5 of 14.

You hit 0% of the shots you don’t shoot. Gotta have some pride and try to hit it. Even Smith hit 1 tonight.