Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

IU at Nebraska Game Thread 1/18 7 PM BTN

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Only 7th Big Ten conference road win this season.  That makes home teams 41-7 for the season.

Pundits will tell you that is 'how balanced the conference is'.  But I think must of us will agree is that how embarassingly biased the BT officials are to home teams.  I could see a team winning the conference by defending their home court and going 3-7 on the road.

Not likely but it would not shock me.  That would leave a ton of teams between 8 and 12 conference wins.  At that points, I think the conference gets a ton of teams in the tourney...

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Big Ten road win, so it’s big. Also, I believe this was the last game that could have been considered a bad loss. Everything from here on out is quad 1 and 2 games. Now let’s protect the home court with a couple of ranked wins. 

That's a good point.  Right now the worse loss on our resume would probably be what?  Home against Arkansas, who is 14-3 now and will be a 20+ win team?  At Rutgers or Wiksy?  Lots of good teams going to do that.

Obviously every game is going to be big.  Michigan State up next and would really like to defend the home court.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not likely but it would not shock me.  That would leave a ton of teams between 8 and 12 conference wins.  At that points, I think the conference gets a ton of teams in the tourney...

It's hard right now to pick any team outside of Nebraska and Northwestern that doesn't look like at least an 8 win team in the conference.

Nice win on the road. Positives: took a punch and kept coming. Erased an early deficit with ball movement, patience, and shooting. Great work on the boards. Dominant there again. Another really good showing by Joey Brunk, and Justin Smith. Hunter is beginning to feel it. I still feel he is being mis-used. Too perimeter oriented. Like to see him drive the bucket similar to what Smith was doing. I feel he’s more of a ball player than Justin. Also, props to Arman Franklin. Very nice stretches in the first half and start of the 2nd.. Great stat line. 23 min, 8pts, 6reb, 2 steals, blocked shot. 1 TO

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know it was a tight finish, but goes to show you what this team can do when they hit shots. The Lineup of Phinisee, Franklin, Hunter, TJD and Brunk looked good. I don’t think Smith is ever going to reliably take over a game but if he can continue to be a guy who makes plays when he finds himself in opportune moments like tonight, he’ll add a ton of value to this team. 

27 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rotation tight at the end.

Senior night is gonna be rough this year. I can promise you that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agreed.  I don't like criticizing kids on a personal level, so I'll leave my comments to "on the floor."  Indiana won't miss either player on the floor, and neither provide much in the way of leadership.   I really hope there's some trumpet player in the band on his way to Broadway so the crowd can be distracted by something cool because the reception for at least one of them will either be a Bronx cheer or "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead."

Solid day for the resume. Not that we will move any projected seed lines or anything like that, but we got a road win (I honestly thought there was a good chance that on selection sunday the biggest talking point about us would be if the committee ever let a team in that didn't win a single road game). We avoided what appears to be the last chance to have a bad loss. Our win against FSU continues to trend well. And now we're set up with some momentum going into a big resume opportunity week. Though I am a bit concerned whether the OSU win will end up being a quad 1 win at the end of the day. 

Trolling side note: great job by Archie coaching eight 3's to go into the basketball ring tonight. We needed those. 

Irrelevant side note: Vandy went 0-25 from three tonight. Ooof. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Just me, or did Trayce have an extremely quiet 18 and 13 tonight? He just keeps getting it done. 

He ONLY had 7 FGA, so yeah that was a pretty efficient 18.  (for the standard and advanced statisticians, in non-traditional stat keeping he was terrible with 3 missed shots)