Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Rutgers Game Thread 1/15 7 pm BTN

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No. You made it seem as if Moore was garbage because he went to La Salle. Moore had quite a bit of potential and showed a good ability to block shots and rebound. You people want the team to get old and stay old but didn’t want someone with potential to get old with the program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wait, what?  In his two years here Moore averaged 1.4 rebounds.  He didn't play much, for a reason (he was lousy).

Even if you extrapolate his numbers to 20 minutes, he's at about 4.  He wasn't some great rebounder.

Wait, what?  In his two years here Moore averaged 1.4 rebounds.  He didn't play much, for a reason (he was lousy).
Even if you extrapolate his numbers to 20 minutes, he's at about 4.  He wasn't some great rebounder.

You could just see he was a good rebound. He was pretty raw but that’s where player development comes in. Something we haven’t seen with Archie with any player. But he had the potential to be a good backup to play 10 minutes a game. And a mobile big with length and athleticism. He wasn’t going to set the world on fire by any means, but he could have been a good role player. Like Durham or better.

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You could just see he was a good rebound. He was pretty raw but that’s where player development comes in. Something we haven’t seen with Archie with any player. But he had the potential to be a good backup to play 10 minutes a game. And a mobile big with length and athleticism. He wasn’t going to set the world on fire by any means, but he could have been a good role player. Like Durham or better.

You and I watched saw completely different players.

You and I watched saw completely different players.

He didn’t get much time. But he was a good rebounder and could block some shots. Had great length and athleticism. Wasn’t good on the offensive end. But would be good to throw some lobs to. Problem is, we don’t have any player development. So any diamond in the rough likely won’t be found here.

Gotta love how you can tell a guy is such a diamond in the rough when he playing almost all of his minutes in garbage time because he was so lousy he couldn't get into the rotation ahead of.

Fact:  over two seasons, Moore played a grand total of 62 minutes in games that weren't decided by 20 or more points.  But I'm glad he impressed at the end of blowouts.

Gotta love how you can tell a guy is such a diamond in the rough when he playing almost all of his minutes in garbage time because he was so lousy he couldn't get into the rotation ahead of.
Fact:  over two seasons, Moore played a grand total of 62 minutes in games that weren't decided by 20 or more points.  But I'm glad he impressed at the end of blowouts.

Forrester didn’t much either. He’s having a decent at Temple and starting.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cool.  Are Jake Forrester, Al Durham, MacKinley Wright, or Mo Creek pseudonyms for Clifton Moore?  Because for someone who “really wishes we had Clifton Moore”, you seem to want to talk about everyone but him.

Cool.  Are Jake Forrester, Al Durham, MacKinley Wright, or Mo Creek pseudonyms for Clifton Moore?  Because for someone who “really wishes we had Clifton Moore”, you seem to want to talk about everyone but him.

Did you read my original post? Where I mentioned all 3. And all 3 from 2017. Where I would have rather kept Moore and let Durham walk and went after Wright. I’m guessing you didn’t read that or didn’t want to. It’s not about having Moore over Durham. It’s having Moore and then Wright over Durham.

And I mentioned Forrester because he didn’t play much just like Moore. Is a raw prospect as well. And he’s doing just fine. I mentioned Mo Creek because apparently if you transfer to La Salle, you suck. But no one would say the same about Mo Creek who went to George Washington, who is also in the A-10. Try reading things.

7 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I remember when some on this board thought he was something other than another Crean reach.

He is still turning it over at a big clip. Last stat I saw was 30 TO to 3 assists for the year. He did earn the starting job after he became eligible

He is still turning it over at a big clip. Last stat I saw was 30 TO to 3 assists for the year. He did earn the starting job after he became eligible

Definitely has a ton of work to do. But he’s scored in double digits in 5 games. Had 11 points and 2 blocks in Temples win over #16 Wichita State. Temple isn’t good this season, but they seem to like him as he’s started the last 5 games.

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And I mentioned Forrester because he didn’t play much just like Moore. Is a raw prospect as well. And he’s doing just fine. I mentioned Mo Creek because apparently if you transfer to La Salle, you suck. But no one would say the same about Mo Creek who went to George Washington, who is also in the A-10. Try reading things.

LaSalle has been to ONE Ncaa tournament in the last 27 years.  George Washington has been to TEN (and when Creek transferred there, it was 9 in the last 21 years).  But I guess you'd say that Nebraska and Michigan State are on the same level because they are both in the same conference, right?  And throw in that LaSalle is so desperate that they are tying up three years of scholarship to Clifton Moore to get two years.....LaSalle is a bad program....period.  George Washington only had to commit one year to Creek and it was an extra scholly available since it was a grad transfer.  

And since you didn't bother to actually read what I wrote, I stated that if Al Durham transferred he wouldn't end up at a program like LaSalle.  Reality check for you:  he wouldn't..

Clifton Moore was here two years and showed less than about any player who was in the program for two or more years that wasn't named Tim Priller.  

You make an idiotic statement about 'wishing Clifton Moore was still here'.  If he's here, he still isn't getting playing time.  It's not like our glaring weaknesses are centered on our inside players.  Unless Clifton Moore can lace up his shoes and suddenly become a point guard or wing who can knock down threes, he's just another guy at the end of the bench....and he'd be tying up a 2021 scholarship to boot.  But keep doubling and tripling down on statements that don't make sense. Moore doesn't make us any better this year and could have only hurt us next year in a wasted scholarship.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

His current rate has him turning the ball over at a rate of 5.2 times per 40 minutes played (an incredible rate for a power forward) and 6.2 fouls per minutes.  

And what LCS doesn't even acknowledge is that we saw one season of Forrester.  The freshman season we know can be a transition one for a lot of pf high school players, especially bigs.  Moore we saw for two seasons.  He is what he is....and that is not a Big Ten player.

LaSalle has been to ONE Ncaa tournament in the last 27 years.  George Washington has been to TEN (and when Creek transferred there, it was 9 in the last 21 years).  But I guess you'd say that Nebraska and Michigan State are on the same level because they are both in the same conference, right?  And throw in that LaSalle is so desperate that they are tying up three years of scholarship to Clifton Moore to get two years.....LaSalle is a bad program....period.  George Washington only had to commit one year to Creek and it was an extra scholly available since it was a grad transfer.  
And since you didn't bother to actually read what I wrote, I stated that if Al Durham transferred he wouldn't end up at a program like LaSalle.  Reality check for you:  he wouldn't..
Clifton Moore was here two years and showed less than about any player who was in the program for two or more years that wasn't named Tim Priller.  
You make an idiotic statement about 'wishing Clifton Moore was still here'.  If he's here, he still isn't getting playing time.  It's not like our glaring weaknesses are centered on our inside players.  Unless Clifton Moore can lace up his shoes and suddenly become a point guard or wing who can knock down threes, he's just another guy at the end of the bench....and he'd be tying up a 2021 scholarship to boot.  But keep doubling and tripling down on statements that don't make sense. Moore doesn't make us any better this year and could have only hurt us next year in a wasted scholarship.

Nebraska would still be a big deal because it is in the Big Ten. That’s still an accomplishment. And La Salle isn’t good, but the A10 is a fairly decent conference most years. I think Moore could have found a better school but he may have felt it was the best situation for him. And considering he from Horsham, Pennsylvania, he’s now only 21 miles from home at La Salle.