Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Rutgers Game Thread 1/15 7 pm BTN

NOTES: Indiana Visits Rutgers on Wednesday Night

Story Links

OPENING TIP
Indiana University is in its 120th season of competition in men's basketball and will begin a two-game road trip Wednesday at Rutgers.  The Hoosiers will play at Nebraska on Saturday. The Hoosiers are coming off a 66-54 win at home over #11 Ohio State, while Rutgers fell at Illinois, 54-51.  The Scarlet Knights are 11-0 at home. According to ESPN's BPI, the Hoosiers are projected to have the 2nd toughest strength of schedule in the country for the remainder of the season.   The Hoosiers are 33rd in KenPom and 39th in the NET.

GAME INFORMATION
Wednesday, Jan. 15 •  7 p.m. 
Rutgers Athletic Center (8,000) • Piscataway, N.J.
TV: BTN (Kevin Kugler and Brian Butch) | Watch Online
Radio: IU Radio Network  (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr,  Joe Smith) | TuneIn
Series History: Indiana leads, 7-2
Last Meeting: at IU 89, RU 73 - 3/10/19

THE COACHES
Indiana Coach Archie Miller is in his third season of guiding the Cream and Crimson.  He is 187-97 in eight-plus years as a head coach, which includes six years at the University of Dayton.  His Flyer teams made NCAA Tournament appearances in each of his last four seasons, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2014.  He is 48-34 at IU.  Steve Pikiell is 53-57 in his 4th year at Rutgers.

NEWS & NOTES
Freshman Trayce Jackson-Davis is averaging a team-best 14.6 points and 8.03 rebounds.  Among freshmen nationally, he is 2nd in field goal percentage (63.6%), 3rd in blocked shots (33), 4th in free throws made (70), 5th in free throws attempted (100) and 10th in rebounds (128).  He is 10th in the Big Ten in scoring and 9th in rebounding, 3rd in field goal percentage and 6th in blocked shots.  He is 4th in free throws made and in free throws attempted.  He has scored 20 points or more 5 times this season.

Senior Devonte Green led the Hoosiers with 19 points and 5 rebounds against OSU.  He is 7th in the Big Ten in three-point field goals made (2.1).  He is averaging 12.5 points per game and 15.4 points off the bench in the 7 games he has not started. Sophomore Rob Phinisee made his first start of the season and responded with 13 points and 4 steals versus the Buckeyes.  He hit 3 3FG in the first half. 

Redshirt junior forward Joey Brunk is averaging 10.1 rebounds in his last 5 games.  He finished with 7 points and 5 rebounds on Saturday and held OSU's Kaleb Wesson to just one field goal in the paint on defense.  Junior Justin Smith is averaging 11.8 points and is 3rd in the B1G in steals (1.4).  He was named IU's Male Scholar Athlete of the Month in January.  He is in the Kelley School of Business studying Entrepreneurship & Corporate Innovation. Junior Aljami Durham is averaging 10.8 points and leads the team with 43 assists.

ODDS AND TRENDS
IU leads the nation in free throws attempted at 27.3 per game and in free throws made per game at (18.6).  IU has had 10 players score in double figures at least once in a game this season.   IU shot a season-high 50% from long distance (6/12) in the OSU game. The Hoosiers tied it's season-high with 11 steals (Troy and UConn) against OSU.  IU has come back from halftime deficits in each of the last 2 games.  In the second half, Ohio State shot just 21.4% from the floor and 14.3% from long distance. 

Their best guard Geo Baker is playing tonight after being ruled out indefinitely a couple weeks ago with a broken thumb. Was not expected to play, so of course he makes his return against us 

I’m not suprised. We don’t usually have any luck on either side when it comes to injuries. But he hasn’t played in a few weeks so I’m not sure he will be all that sharp. His next game will be the one where he really shines.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Watch him go for 30 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

They can’t shoot! Keep them out of the paint and we can win. We need our defense from the OSU game to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Our vaunted pack-line can make a shooter out of anyone. 

Is Fisch pregame on 1070 or 105.1???

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
105.1 out of Bloomington but I have had trouble lately. I thought it was just when I was streaming it but it even cut out on radio when I was at the game Saturday. Should be on though

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app