Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Rutgers Game Thread 1/15 7 pm BTN

10 hours ago, Josh said:

Debunked by facts.  Why did we let Gelon go with no apr hit?  Why could that not have happened with others?  Also, letting recruits out of their LOI wouldn't have affected our apr either.

Facts are that there is a heck of a lot of difference in APR hit when one player leaves to when it is a mass exit.

9 hours ago, Josh said:

Archie was set on keeping the recruits and openly encouraged Wright to stay at Dayton.  This was widely reported.

Miller told Wright he would prefer he stay committed to Dayton but that he would have a scholarship at IU if he wanted to come. that was what was reported

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

More potential than Al. Should have let Al walk and went after a grad transfer or Wright. Archie screwed that one up big time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You are just lost in your complaints.  Your reasoning for wishing that Clifton Moore had stayed is “Al Durham and McKinley Wright” and you somehow are able to judge Clifton Moore’s potential despite the fact the dude was so bad he couldn’t get on the court.  If you are going to hate on Durham, at least stick with complaints about him and not a do nothing player like Clifton Moore.

And I guarantee you that if Durham were to transfer, it wouldn’t be to a LaSalle like Moore did.

You are just lost in your complaints.  Your reasoning for wishing that Clifton Moore had stayed is “Al Durham and McKinley Wright” and you somehow are able to judge Clifton Moore’s potential despite the fact the dude was so bad he couldn’t get on the court.  If you are going to hate on Durham, at least stick with complaints about him and not a do nothing player like Clifton Moore.
And I guarantee you that if Durham were to transfer, it wouldn’t be to a LaSalle like Moore did.

How about a George Washington like Mo Creek? A guy who was better than Durham even hurt.

15 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

How about a George Washington like Mo Creek? A guy who was better than Durham even hurt.

Your original point was about wishing that Clifton Moore were still here.....and I asked   for what reason.  You have since tried to change the conversation to Al Durham, McKinley Wright, and a player who left IU in 2013.

You were the one who said that you wished Clifton Moore was still here.  If that is true, why can you not give a single reason other than you dislike Durham?  And for the record, we have an open scholarship right now to begin with.

if you think that this team would be better with Clifton Moore on it than Durham...wow.  Moore can’t play over any of our bigs, which would make it three straights of a guy who can’t play a lick,

15 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And what’s the worse the NCAA could do? Have us sit out an NCAA tourney or two that’d we would miss anyways? Oh no!

Yeah, I’m sure a level headed guy like you would be just fine entering a season guaranteed to not have any postseason.  I’m sure CAM would have your full support on that.  Hindsight sure is a great thing to have.  I sure as heck didn’t see you posting at the beginning of the last two years that what we needed was to “send players walking” and take an NCAA tournament probationary year.  It doesn’t take guts to do so after the fact when we didn’t make the tourney.

Yeah, I’m sure a level headed guy like you would be just fine entering a season guaranteed to not have any postseason.  I’m sure CAM would have your full support on that.  Hindsight sure is a great thing to have.  I sure as heck didn’t see you posting at the beginning of the last two years that what we needed was to “send players walking” and take an NCAA tournament probationary year.  It doesn’t take guts to do so after the fact when we didn’t make the tourney.

People complaining about the recruiting the way it is now just think about a coach trying to recruit players to a team with a post season ban. I’m sure people would of been patient enough to let that play out though.

Your original point was about wishing that Clifton Moore were still here.....and I asked   for what reason.  You have since tried to change the conversation to Al Durham, McKinley Wright, and a player who left IU in 2013.

You were the one who said that you wished Clifton Moore was still here.  If that is true, why can you not give a single reason other than you dislike Durham?  And for the record, we have an open scholarship right now to begin with.
if you think that this team would be better with Clifton Moore on it than Durham...wow.  Moore can’t play over any of our bigs, which would make it three straights of a guy who can’t play a lick,

No. You made it seem as if Moore was garbage because he went to La Salle. Moore had quite a bit of potential and showed a good ability to block shots and rebound. You people want the team to get old and stay old but didn’t want someone with potential to get old with the program.

People complaining about the recruiting the way it is now just think about a coach trying to recruit players to a team with a post season ban. I’m sure people would of been patient enough to let that play out though.

If we weren’t allowed into the NCAA tourney, then we’d have to wait. And it would allow him to recruit guys who were willing to wait until likely their Junior year to play for a tourney birth.

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If we weren’t allowed into the NCAA tourney, then we’d have to wait. And it would allow him to recruit guys who were willing to wait until likely their Junior year to play for a tourney birth.

I'm sure there are plenty of talented players who wouldn't mind wasting half their college careers knowing they won't play in any postseason no matter how hard they work. 

I'm sure there are plenty of talented players who wouldn't mind wasting half their college careers knowing they won't play in any postseason no matter how hard they work. 

That’s where those 3 stars come in. And some others. Hell Tom Crean got Jordy Hulls and Christian Watford to commit and they had to of known they weren’t going to be good to begin with.

That’s where those 3 stars come in. And some others. Hell Tom Crean got Jordy Hulls and Christian Watford to commit and they had to of known they weren’t going to be good to begin with.

Most players I’m guessing regardless of stars probably think they can come in and make a difference and help a team make the tournament. Starting the recruiting process out by offering no chance at the tournament because of a ban is probably something even 3 star kids would have a problem with. It would be an interesting thing to look up a teams recruiting class after they have been put on probation

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But those guys didn't commit knowing they wouldn't be in any kind of tournament until they were juniors, and I doubt Crean sold them anything along those lines. 

This is quite the pretzel argument you've gotten yourself into. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No. You made it seem as if Moore was garbage because he went to La Salle. Moore had quite a bit of potential and showed a good ability to block shots and rebound. You people want the team to get old and stay old but didn’t want someone with potential to get old with the program.

You thinking Moore had quite a bit of potential just became reason #103 of why you shouldn't be allowed near managing a basketball program.  "Us" people see through your BS.

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And it would all be irrelevant, because as you indicated you would have fired Archie Miller on the way home from Rutgers two and a half seasons in.  Yet now you are suddenly so patient that you are going to let a coach take a postseason ban for a year or two and then not bring in players who are ready to play until their Junior year.  

Most players I’m guessing regardless of stars probably think they can come in and make a difference and help a team make the tournament. Starting the recruiting process out by offering no chance at the tournament because of a ban is probably something even 3 star kids would have a problem with. It would be an interesting thing to look up a teams recruiting class after they have been put on probation

It’s just a new age and time. Honestly with how some kids think now, you could get 5 stars to commit. Just tell them they are “sticking it to the man,” by not being in the NCAA tourney and not getting any money off their image. It would be a bizarre pitch though.

But those guys didn't commit knowing they wouldn't be in any kind of tournament until they were juniors, and I doubt Crean sold them anything along those lines. 

This is quite the pretzel argument you've gotten yourself into. 

You think Crean was selling Jordy a trip to the NCAA tourney in his freshman season coming off a 6 win season? Those guys in that class knew. Just like the guys in the class before. There was going to be a TON of work needed. And finally, Cody Zeller walked through the door.

And it would all be irrelevant, because as you indicated you would have fired Archie Miller on the way home from Rutgers two and a half seasons in.  Yet now you are suddenly so patient that you are going to let a coach take a postseason ban for a year or two and then not bring in players who are ready to play until their Junior year.  

What would me firing him after a game in 2020 have to do with him taking a different direction in 2017? Crean at least told us it was going to take some time. And it did.