Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Rutgers Game Thread 1/15 7 pm BTN

Just now, IUc2016 said:

You have debunked it in your mind. There are not facts that have done so. Only speculation on your part which you claim as fact. 

Ok fair.  Let's look at facts then.

1.  Recruits can be let out of their LOI with no APR hit.

2.  Grant Gelon was let go with no APR hit. 

I'm having a hard time seeing any facts behind the claim.

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Ok fair.  Let's look at facts then.

1.  Recruits can be let out of their LOI with no APR hit.

2.  Grant Gelon was let go with no APR hit. 

I'm having a hard time seeing any facts behind the claim.

1. True. 

2. We can assume this to be true but I have not seen any concrete evidence that he was let go without any hit to our APR. Thus it is speculation. 

Also, student athletes have to have above a certain GPA to be able to transfer without it affecting the APR. Unless we know what the athletes GPA's were we can only speculate. 

One can also speculate that the three players who left that summer to play professional basketball did not have the minimum GPA required and did hurt our APR. Thus leaving Archie's hands tied. But again, it is speculation which is what this board is made of every single day. 

Debunked by facts.  Why did we let Gelon go with no apr hit?  Why could that not have happened with others?  Also, letting recruits out of their LOI wouldn't have affected our apr either.

Who says we didn’t take an Apr hit when Gelon was let go. I’ve heard the reason they didn’t let him go right away was because they were figuring that out and the minute they crunched the numbers and could afford the hit they let him go. Of course by that time Wright wasnt going to wait around. At the end of the day you are going to believe it like me or you are not going to believe like you and say it’s an excuse. You are right about the LOI wouldn’t have been affected but that’s not what I was questioning

You can see the apr hit they took when Gelon did leave. they were right under the cut off line

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Who says we didn’t take an Apr hit when Gelon was let go. I’ve heard the reason they didn’t let him go right away was because they were figuring that out and the minute they crunched the numbers and could afford the hit they let him go. Of course by that time Wright wasnt going to wait around. At the end of the day you are going to believe it like me or you are not going to believe like you and say it’s an excuse. You are right about the LOI wouldn’t have been affected but that’s not what I was questioning

You can see the apr hit they took when Gelon did leave they were right under the cut off line

Wright didn't need to wait on Gelon.  Archie told him right away that he wasn't going to take him.  Archie had his mind set on Durham instead.

As for Gelon, I've heard on this site that it didn't affect our apr score because he left in good academic standing.  It seems like there's all kinds of funky information out there.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Wright didn't need to wait on Gelon.  Archie told him right away that he wasn't going to take him.  Archie had his mind set on Durham instead.

As for Gelon, I've heard on this site that it didn't affect our apr score because he left in good academic standing.  It seems like there's all kinds of funky information out there.

is this your view of what a fact is? How in the world can you know any of this?

I can’t speak on what you heard here I can only tell you what I gathered from multiple people in the business a lot closer to the situation then me or I would guess anyone else. These people wrote multiple articles and appeared on podcasts saying the same thing. Their explanation is a heck of lot more well written and informed then me trying to explain on here

After Gelon left the staff wasn’t expecting CuJo to leave mid season. Even though everyone could see it wasn’t a good fit they tried to convince him to stay for another semester. Turned out even with him leaving they stayed above the line barely.
Interesting I never heard anyone write about or say Archie told Wright he wanted Durham instead.

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Archie told Mckinley wright he had his mind set on Al Durham instead of him? 

Archie was set on keeping the recruits and openly encouraged Wright to stay at Dayton.  This was widely reported.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Archie was set on keeping the recruits and openly encouraged Wright to stay at Dayton.  This was widely reported.

In no way does that mean Archie wanted Al durham over McKinley Wright. More than likely meant he wanted continuity in the program he was coming into while not blowing up the one he left. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

In no way does that mean Archie wanted Al durham over McKinley Wright. More than likely meant he wanted continuity in the program he was coming into while not blowing up the one he left. 

And how did that work out for him?

I believe it does mean that.  He wanted Durham over Wright.  That much was widely reported.

and you BELIEVING that doesn't make it a fact that us "pumpers" have to rely on. It was never reported that he wanted al durham over mckinley wright. You have made that up in your mind because it fits your narrative, and that is fine. 

Hope you enjoyed your 4 day hiatus from this board after the OSU game. Glad Archie could give you a break. 

It actually was reported that he wanted to keep the IU recruits and told Wright to stay at Dayton.  You even admitted that Archie wanted continuity.  Now are you denying what you admitted a couple posts earlier?  

It actually was reported that he wanted to keep the IU recruits and told Wright to stay at Dayton.  You even admitted that Archie wanted continuity.  Now are you denying what you admitted a couple posts earlier?  

Only thing I remember from that time was Archie going on Dakich’s show for a really awkward interview and Dan kind of throwing him under the bus and ask him if he is bring the Wright kid from Dayton with him. As a former coach I’m sure dan knew that opposing coaches are not allowed to talk about other teams recruits but he did it anyway. You could tell Archie was surprised by the question but he did a little coach speak and basically said the only thing he could of said in that situation that he hoped he sticks with Dayton

My recollection is Miller encouraged Wright to stick with his committment to UD.

My guess is it could have been out of loyalty or respect to Dayton.  Once Wright decided to decomit, I don't know if CAM reached out and if he didn't why not.  In hindsight I wish he had.

Only thing I remember from that time was Archie going on Dakich’s show for a really awkward interview and Dan kind of throwing him under the bus and ask him if he is bring the Wright kid from Dayton with him. As a former coach I’m sure dan knew that opposing coaches are not allowed to talk about other teams recruits but he did it anyway. You could tell Archie was surprised by the question but he did a little coach speak and basically said the only thing he could of said in that situation that he hoped he sticks with Dayton

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daytondailynews.com/sports/archie-miller-hopes-mckinley-wright-sticks-with-dayton/hdY9qBRD1UUS9iHUTNRkuL/amp.html

There is the article on what he said to Dakich. McKinley Wright the day before that article had an interview with Darren Wolfson saying he had a spot on IU if he wanted it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/846480341565091841

Al and Clifton are only two that requested a release from LOI. Justin Smith did not. Therefore we could not kick him off of the team. We could have granted their release. We could not have openly recruited McKinley Wright due to him being signed but he knew he had a spot if he wanted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/100069540

Al and Clifton recommitted the first week of April and McKinley Wright was towards the end of April if my memory serves correct. If we had a spot for McKinley that he is openly discussing that would mean he chose someone else.

How would that screw any continuity? Neither player had ever played for either school. And guess what? Wright still didn’t go to Dayton.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daytondailynews.com/sports/archie-miller-hopes-mckinley-wright-sticks-with-dayton/hdY9qBRD1UUS9iHUTNRkuL/amp.html

There is the article on what he said to Dakich. McKinley Wright the day before that article had an interview with Darren Wolfson saying he had a spot on IU if he wanted it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/846480341565091841

Al and Clifton are only two that requested a release from LOI. Justin Smith did not. Therefore we could not kick him off of the team. We could have granted their release. We could not have openly recruited McKinley Wright due to him being signed but he knew he had a spot if he wanted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/100069540

Al and Clifton recommitted the first week of April and McKinley Wright was towards the end of April if my memory serves correct. If we had a spot for McKinley that he is openly discussing that would mean he chose someone else.

I wish we would have kept Clifton.