Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Rutgers Game Thread 1/15 7 pm BTN

You missed Archie being interviewed pre-game by someone 9 feet taller than him again. That and Joey yelling 'I'M THE F*****G BASKET' when IU had its only lead of the game.

Is it good to be the f********g basket? I don’t think I understand that accomplishment

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I personally believe it goes beyond shooting.  I think these guys are physically talented but quite simply lack basketball IQ as a whole.  They just don't get it.  It's one thing to be talented.   It's another thing to know how to USE that talent physically AND mentally.   U can see it with how dumbfounded they look at all times.  Can't put 2 and 2 together.   But yeah, they can't shoot either. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If I’m Fred Glass, only reason Archie is on the same plane as the team is so he can pack up his office tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If I’m Fred Glass, only reason Archie is on the same plane as the team is so he can pack up his office tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t know if this is hyperbole or not.  If not, you have no business running a business.

54 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The attitude of “this is fine.” I expected a loss as well, but I figured the team would actually try for more than a few minutes during the game. That they’d build a little on the effort shown in the Ohio State game. Instead they took a step back. That’s what frustrates me. That’s why there are no positives to take or even a “it’s a Big Ten road game, we were going to lose,” type of attitude. It’s more than just the L next to this game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So the difference in the game is that other fans aren’t on your level of misery.  I’ll try to be more miserable next game and see how many threes that puts in the hoop.

Just not a good match between Archie at IU at this point.  Perplexing, but 2.5 years in and not much has changed.  Clearly not enough shooters on the team, but feels like he recruits a lot of quiet guys that don’t deal well with adversity.  The exceptions to me are the Butler transplant Brunk and a rookie TJD.  Can’t have the rest of the team with the same temperament.  I’m now to the point of periodically checking scores online and if it looks like they are in the game at half, I watch until they are no longer.  All very sad.  I’m thinking a parting of ways at year’s end could be a win-win for coach and the university.

Just finished reading through the comments... ooof!

Big Team home record is something like 36-6...  We spotted them a 12 point lead in the first half and added an 8 ish point cushion after half...  Rutgers was favored at home...  We're an average Big Ten team playing against another average Big Ten team on the road... 

Green played 15 minutes and the only stats he logged was... 2 TOs and a foul, that's a senior captain

Our other two primary ball handlers had 3 turnovers each.  Those 8 turnovers led to quite a few easy buckets for an offensively challenged Rutgers team.  We are not talented enough to turn the ball over that much and expect to win against an opponent that is similar on their court.  We're not there yet.  I did like the fight they showed after being punched to open the game.  That is, sadly enough, progress for this team.  I believe that helps us down the road and I actually think we win at Nebrasketball after they took us to OT at home.

The elephant in the room.

How the **** can a Rutger player ride an Indiana player rebounding the ball while the IU player gets called for the foul on the other end?!  I get it that the Big Ten loves to give the home team some calls but good **** that is awful.  How the **** can a Rutger defender body up and foul the **** out of an IU player but touch fouls are called on the other end?!  The Big Ten is absolute cluster**** right now.  It's not because there are 12 teams of similar ability but because the officiating is atrocious.  This needs fixed yesterday.  Those horseshit makeup calls to even out the fouls that mean absolutely nothing is a ******* disgrace to any knowledgeable basketball fan.  The elite talent will continue to go elsewhere because they don't want to play the shitty brand of basketball that the Big Ten not only likes but wants.  **** THE BIG TEN AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON!!

On to Nebraska, hopefully our bigs don't get called for being bigger than Nebrasketball "bigs."

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It's not because there are 12 teams of similar ability but because the officiating is atrocious.  This needs fixed yesterday.  Those horseshit makeup calls to even out the fouls that mean absolutely nothing is a ******* disgrace to any knowledgeable basketball fan.

They aren't consistently atrocious, but some of the calls are astoundingly wrong.  They guess too much or call things they don't see.  I understand getting calls wrong when there are a mass of bodies involved, but they blow them when there is a clear sight line to the 2 players involved.  But I feel your pain.

6 minutes ago, Fil_Dunfie said:

They aren't consistently atrocious, but some of the calls are astoundingly wrong.  They guess too much or call things they don't see.  I understand getting calls wrong when there are a mass of bodies involved, but they blow them when there is a clear sight line to the 2 players involved.  But I feel your pain.

It's baffling, I mean really baffling.  However, how are the same officials consistently hired by the Big Ten?  I don't see it as the officials being bad as they call decent games while officiating other conferences.  They official in the Big Ten and you get WTF calls all over the place.  It worked in our favor but how do they flipping miss the shot clock violations?!  At 10 seconds they have to gesture, they have just over 10 seconds to recognize the ball hasn't hit the ******* rim.  HOW. CAN. YOU. ****. THAT. UP?

I'd love to see some more stats on home vs. away teams, more specifically the fouls called in the lane and away from the basket.  It seems like the Big Ten likes to give those little fouls outside to makeup the foul difference.  It's almost like they're not only giving the home team a little home cooking but they're insulting my intelligence in the way they're doing it. 

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The fact we accept starting a game giving up 12 straight point as something to battle back from abs finding morale victories with that is a testament how far gone this program is. 

Yes, this fan base is scarIng me.  So accepting of sub-mediocre play year after year.  Bunch of soccer moms handing out Capri Suns and cookies after the game. 

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm convinced.  **** it, burn it down and hire Brad Stevens!

I think i'm one more ****-show games away from this Aloha. I'm even considering cancelling my Maui classic trip next November. I can't go there and be embarrassed again. Just can't!

Right back to making Jr. High mistakes. Shouldn’t we be going in a progressive game to game positive direction of IMPROVEMENT?
Even a little bit? This one step forward and two BIG steps backwards is an embarrassing display of what IU basketball should be.....
Uber frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The guard play was awful. Yes, Green was terrible but so were Phinisee and Durham. The problem is the coach has yet to go out and recruit shooters not to mention his offensive schemes depress movement that can generate scoring. Hopefully, they can somehow scratch out a win at Nebraska since that is probably the last opportunity to win on the road this season.