Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Rutgers Game Thread 1/15 7 pm BTN

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

Aaron, is Rugers getting the same crowd vs IU as they would Minnesota or NW? Also, its a little easier to bump 6K to 8K than 35K to 52K.

Thats fair about the numbers being smaller but Rutgers has been selling out the RAC throughout Big Ten play this year after years of being half to 3/4 full. 

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

How does this team have scoring droughts every single game? It’s ridiculous

1) Poor offensive scheme that won't work in this league with the way games are "officiated" (4 free throws in the first half).

2) Poor fundamentals (10 turnovers).

3) Poor shooters (0-8 from deep). 

Sometimes I just have to marvel at how Archie Miller has managed to assemble such a challenged roster with so many problems. 

Why not bench Green when he plays like that? Would Franklin be that much downgrade vs what Green put out there? I’ve been one of his supporters as he’s already won us one or two games this year  but that was bad.

Brass Cannon mentioned the accountability and I tend to agree especially after that first half. He takes Phinesee out at every opportunity which I just don’t get. We fall apart without him and it can’t be the conditioning. Young of Ohio St lost an appendix and played significant minutes his first time back. So confusing what Archie is thinking at times.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

1) Poor offensive scheme that won't work in this league with the way games are "officiated" (4 free throws in the first half).

2) Poor fundamentals (10 turnovers).

3) Poor shooters (0-8 from deep). 

Sometimes I just have to marvel at how Archie Miller has managed to assemble such a challenged roster with so many problems. 

It really is ridiculous how Archie has no shooters on this team. Not one

We are both scared, and not prepared to get the ball into the post.  Our offense is both puzzled and afraid.  If I could choose one word to name the offense Indiana runs now, I would name it the Scared Offense.   

Get the ball into the post, into Jackson-Davis' hands inside, into Justin Smith's hands inside, into Joey Brunk's hands inside, and most definitely into De'ron Davis' hands in the post.  Rutgers needs to be backed down in the post.  We have the guys to do that.  IU is stronger than Rutgers , but we don't do what we need to do th get the ball to our athletes and beasts under the rim.

We are not a perimeter team, but we spend most of our time on offense passing the ball slowly around the perimeter.  

We're getting sonned by Rutgers. I don't care what their record is or that they're "not bad this year." IU basketball shouldn't be in a position where we're getting dominated, both physically and on the scoreboard, by freaking Rutgers.