Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Rutgers Game Thread 1/15 7 pm BTN

This team is still just pathetic mentally and offensively. Effort has been awful overall. Offense has been awful as always. Archie is obviously just a talker. Because Green kept playing. Al kept playing. Phinisee obviously needs to play all 20 minutes of the second half and just put in another random guy. It doesn’t really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We shot 4 free throws in the first half. Archie's philosophy just won't work in this league. Road teams rarely shoot more free throws than the home teams, and this teams needs to shoot 15-20 more than its opponents to have a chance. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Been saying this for 2 years, but we need basketball players. 

Yup. Devonte = schoolyard ball. Good about 25% of the time. Justin = athlete with no moves or shot. Low IQ. Al = just not good enough to play at this type of level. Armaan = freshman that just isn’t ready. Jerome & Damezi don’t add much of anything. Race doesn’t add much of anything. We have about 3 guys that I would want on IU if I had a choice and it would be Rob, Trayce, and Joey.

Most concerning to me has nothing to do with play but our fans and it doesn't speak well of Hoosier Nation.

Why is it Rutgers looks decent and is a good team now and their fans are uber excited and selling out? Our football team gets pretty good this year and people don't go and look for excuses for it not being real. 

I'm sorry and Hoosier Nation is great but usually when teams get good for first time in a while (and yes Rutgers has been bad for just as long as IU football if not worse in that time) teams fan bases get uber excited and with our football team they make excuses not to go and it really bothers me (and yes I went to three football games this year which was most in several years).

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We shot 4 free throws in the first half. Archie's philosophy just won't work in this league. Road teams rarely shoot more free throws than the home teams, and this teams needs to shoot 15-20 more than its opponents to have a chance. 

Out of those 15-20 we might only hit 5-10.  Shooting well from the line tonight though, in limited attempts.

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Most concerning to me has nothing to do with play but our fans and it doesn't speak well of them.

Why is it Rutgers looks decent and is a good team now and their fans are uber excited and selling out. Our football team gets good and people don't go and look for excuses for it not being real. 

I'm sorry and Hoosier nation is great but usually when teams get good for first time in a while teams get uber excited and with our football team they make excuses not to go and it really bothers me (and yes I went to three football games this year which was most in several years).

Huh?

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Most concerning to me has nothing to do with play but our fans and it doesn't speak well of Hoosier Nation.

Why is it Rutgers looks decent and is a good team now and their fans are uber excited and selling out? Our football team gets pretty good this year and people don't go and look for excuses for it not being real. 

I'm sorry and Hoosier Nation is great but usually when teams get good for first time in a while (and yes Rutgers has been bad for just as long as IU football if not worse in that time) teams fan bases get uber excited and with our football team they make excuses not to go and it really bothers me (and yes I went to three football games this year which was most in several years).

Maybe others will disagree, but I typically find the average sports fan in Indiana to be bitter and cynical when it comes to teams that have been bad for a long time. Almost like they're afraid of being even slightly optimistic, for fear the rug will soon be pulled out from under them. I've seen this with the Pacers, IU in multiple sports, and high schools in my area. Not sure it's limited to Indiana, but it's definitely stood out to me over the years. 

7 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Our upperclassmen are so embarrassing. When the going gets tough on the road they just fold. Archie playing Devonte towards the end of the 1st shows he doesn’t truly hold his players accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Most concerning to me has nothing to do with play but our fans and it doesn't speak well of them.

Why is it Rutgers looks decent and is a good team now and their fans are uber excited and selling out. Our football team gets good and people don't go and look for excuses for it not being real. 

I'm sorry and Hoosier nation is great but usually when teams get good for first time in a while teams get uber excited and with our football team they make excuses not to go and it really bothers me (and yes I went to three football games this year which was most in several years).

Aaron, is Rugers getting the same crowd vs IU as they would Minnesota or NW? Also, its a little easier to bump 6K to 8K than 35K to 52K.

Problem:  we're happy when guys come in and be good 'role players'.  Hunter plays 19 minutes against Ohio State, shoots the ball once, but plays good defense.

Role players are fine when you have consistent offensive options.   When you don't, they just become another guy that you lag off of and game plan around the one or two viable offensive options a team has.  TJD isn't getting shots up because there is no reason to come out and guard anyone else.