Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

If IU loses to Rutgers...

I look at the games they have played without G. Baker and thy haven’t looked like world beaters. They have survived mostly due to random career nights from supporting cast members. They do some things well. Defense is adequate, and they rebound well. Like us, they want to play inside out. Also like us, Thayer have long scoreless stretches and only put up 50 in a win over Illinois. With Baker I’d be worried, not too much without. Our losses haven’t been all just effort related, we’ve also gotten handled in part because the oppositions strengths were matched up in specific areas where IU was weak. I don’t see unfavorable matchups here though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I look at the games they have played without G. Baker and thy haven’t looked like world beaters. They have survived mostly due to random career nights from supporting cast members.

Unfortunately this team has specialized in allowing random career highs from guys that are normally the 6th or 7th option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Aaron said:

I understand wanting to be good, but at some point when teams like Rutgers and Penn State get good it creates a bad state where the Big Ten cannibalizes each other. Its sort of like a communist economy which doesn't work and why we need a capitalist economy with haves and have nots.

This doesn’t make any sense. Why should Penn State and Rutgers have to be bad forever? Should they not try to be competitive? Should IU football stink eternally so Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State can have a guaranteed win? The rich shouldn’t be assured of staying rich just because they have been rich in the past.

This doesn’t make any sense. Why should Penn State and Rutgers have to be bad forever? Should they not try to be competitive? Should IU football stink eternally so Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State can have a guaranteed win? The rich shouldn’t be assured of staying rich just because they have been rich in the past.
I actually like a post from Gradman

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

I look at the games they have played without G. Baker and thy haven’t looked like world beaters. They have survived mostly due to random career nights from supporting cast members. They do some things well. Defense is adequate, and they rebound well. Like us, they want to play inside out. Also like us, Thayer have long scoreless stretches and only put up 50 in a win over Illinois. With Baker I’d be worried, not too much without. Our losses haven’t been all just effort related, we’ve also gotten handled in part because the oppositions strengths were matched up in specific areas where IU was weak. I don’t see unfavorable matchups here though.

Without Baker, they won at Nebraska by 17, beat Penn State at Rutgers by 11 and lost at Illinois by 3.  I think if we go 2-1 with two road games and one home game and win two by double digits, I think we'd say that was more than just surviving.  That's a result we'd take.

Baker is an 11 point/game scorer who doesn't well from the perimeter....facilitates okay but also has shot them out of more games in his career than he's shot them into.  He's okay, IMO, and it hurts them more depth wise.

Well honestly, college basketball better when there are teams who suck and there are teams who are great. With a bit in the middle. As for the Big Ten, having Penn State and Rutgers good at basketball doesn’t do anything for you when Indiana isn’t good. Indiana is going to make a ton of money no matter what, but the media pull of a good Indiana teams greatly outweighs what a good PSU and Rutgers team can combined. It is also best for a conference to have clear cut tiers. Sure the numbers are best to look at this year, but it’s been pretty boring with how predictable it has been. So yea, I’d say having PSU and Rutgers just suck would be better. But a program like Indiana also has to get back to being great. Ideally, the B1G would have Michigan State and Indiana. Follow that with tier 2 of Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland and Purdue. Followed by tier 3 of Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota and Iowa. Then tier 4 of Rutgers, Nebraska, Northwestern and Penn State.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm getting many texts from other fans and friends which carry a lot of finger pointing. From CAM, to players, to lack of leadership. Personally, I see some flaws in all three of those areas. I don't think CAM is doing a poor job; he can't make our guys shoot better once the game starts and he is clearly managing the game the best he can. He got t'd up last night; he benched DG after a sloppy turnover; he uses time outs effectively (something CTC never learned, ever). That's the type of stuff I, as a more X&0 type of fan, like seeing. I struggle with our guard play - who wouldn't - and the fact that seniors can provide zero production. That statement; when guards and seniors don't show up, is what kills us ultimately. Our seniors are not leaders, and our youth isn't ready to lead IMO. RP isn't Yogi although he has a similar task. When our guards play well, we can beat anyone, anywhere. Laugh if you will, but I believe it.  We embarrassed FSU and OSU. Both are incredibly talented teams, and we did it both times with consistent guard play. It really opens the court up for us and we don't have to solely rely in TJD. It's a shame someone can't step up and provide that for us consistently from a guard perspective. Aside from that, look at the scoreboard last night...the NCAA is a crapshoot right now. UK, BU, IU, Auburn, PSU, VA, Creighton and Wichita State all lose. We're not alone here people. If we can keep pace and figure out how to get to 19 or 20, we're in a pretty good spot IMO. Other side notes: I don't need to see quite a few of our guys play anymore. Some of them just aren't good enough and they're proving that, repeatedly. "Shooters", can't shoot. "Leaders" aren't leading. Play the grit and heart guys; at least they give a ****.