Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 18 - @ Nebraska 1/18/20)

17th game?  Seems like the season just started.  Well here we are in Nebraska playing a team that has a record of not playing well at home.  They are only 5-4 at home this year.  In short, they are no Rutgers.  Rutgers is a team that is on the rise and has a chance to finish near the top of the standings.  Nebraska does not.  It is regrettable but reasonable to lose to Rutgers on the road.  It is not reasonable to lose to Nebraska.  They are 7-10 this year.  Some rating systems only pick them to win one more game this year (Northwestern).  I know IU had trouble scoring against Rutgers but so does everybody at Rutgers.  They have given up an average of 57 over their last four games..  We can score on Nebraska as we proved by scoring 96 in overtime in Bloomington.  Of course we also gave up 90.  But overall we have a better offense and defense than Nebraska.  We are averaging 74.6/game and they are giving up an average of 74.4.  We are holding our opponents to 65.8 and Nebraska is scoring at a 72.5 clip.  We have four common opponents.  We are plus 21 and 3-1 against those opponents.  Nebraska is -17 and 1-3.  Advantage IU.  They drove us crazy in Bloomington by driving at every opportunity.  Our defense has improved since then and we have Phinisee, a good on ball defender, back as a regular. Jervay Green is questionable for this game.  To bad. so sad.   I don't think they will have as easy a time getting to the basket in this one.  The big guys in Vegas have us winning by 74-68.5.  I hope it isn't that close.  I figure that we have to win a game on the road sooner or later and since we don't play Northwestern again this is the easiest one left.  Over their last four game Nebraska has given up an average of 73 points/game.  I think we will do slightly better.  They have scored and average of 66.  We can beat that.  The crystal ball says.

IU 75

Nebraska 64