Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 17 - @ Rutgers 1/15/20)

Boy oh boy, would I like to win this game at Rutgers on Wednesday night!  I'm going to be rooting like crazy for the Hoosiers, but I'm not going to pick them.  The Hoosiers have a really steep up hill climb to win this one.  They CAN win it.  I'm just saying that it will take a mighty effort.

To start with the Big Ten record this year for road teams is 5-32.  Everybody is competing like a junkyard dog at home and that included Rutgers, who is 11-0 at home.  Indiana, on the other had, has two road games in the conference so far and both were blowouts.  Not an encouraging sign.  We did win two neutral court games by the skin of our chinny chin chin.  We have two opponents in common.  Rutgers beat Wisconsin and Nebraska by 7 and 17.  We were blown out by Wisconsin and had to go into overtime to defeat Nebraska at home.  Indiana has averaged 60.5 points in our away games and has given up an average of 68.2.  Rutgers offense/defense at home is 73.2/55.7.  Vegas, which is risking real money on the results, has Rutgers favored by 3.5 and an o/u of 130.  That makes the implied final score 67-64 in favor of Rutgers.  Throw into the mix the question of whether Phinisee is ready to play major minutes in two games in a row and whether Green will turn mental case again after playing well in the second half against Ohio State.  I'm just having trouble finding anything positive that would point to a Hoosier victory.

For those who are discouraged, go to sevenovertimes.com and check out Indiana's future schedule.  He has IU winning 14 of it's last 15 games in the conference including Rutgers.  The only predicted loss is Ohio State in Columbus.  Hope he is right.

Nitty Gritty Time!

IU 65

Rutgers 69