Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Indiana's SOS

After all the talk of our non-conference SOS, IU's non-conference SOS checks in at 195 on Pom.  That's better than five Big Ten teams -- some by a big margin.  Illinois' was the worst at 309.

Overall, our SOS checks in 68 and ESPN's BPI projected that entering today that our remaining schedule would be the toughest SOS in the nation.  At the end of the day, we are going to have a top 20 SOS overall.

After all the talk of our non-conference SOS, IU's non-conference SOS checks in at 195 on Pom.  That's better than five Big Ten teams -- some by a big margin.  Illinois' was the worst at 309.

Overall, our SOS checks in 68 and ESPN's BPI projected that entering today that our remaining schedule would be the toughest SOS in the nation.  At the end of the day, we are going to have a top 20 SOS overall.

On IU’s team sheet the one the committee uses IU’s Non conference SOS is 57 and overall SOS is 45. It’s projected to be 14th overall.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hence why you say 19 wins gets us in now that we have avoided any bad losses?

Yeah. Add any 6 wins on the remaining schedule to the resume they already have and for me that would be hard for the committee to leave them out. IU jumped to 37 in the NET with the win against Ohio St

The B1G has 10 teams in the the top 37 NET as of today

Oh Lordy. Given our strength of schedule for the rest of the season, there is a strong case to be made that we are no worse than a bubble team with 18 wins at this point

With 19 wins? We are all but a lock considering the undeniable high level of the wins that we would add to the ones we already have.

Oh Lordy. Given our strength of schedule for the rest of the season, there is a strong case to be made that we are no worse than a bubble team with 18 wins at this point
With 19 wins? We are all but a lock considering the undeniable high level of the wins that we would add to the ones we already have.

Yeah I was telling brass in the other thread with the strength of the B1G I would be fairly confident as long as they beat Nebraska that they would make it with 18 wins. Probably could also with losing to Nebraska but I wouldn’t be as confident. Keep in mind Ohio st got in last year at 8-12 in conference and only beat 1 top 5 B1G team and beat 1 tournament quality team in the non conference. Let’s not find out if 18 wins is enough. Lol

On 1/11/2020 at 10:28 PM, brumdog45 said:

This was a popular discussion in mid-December.  All Indiana really had to do was avoid bad losses, and we have.  I really think this team's better than many believe, even if they're inconsistent.  I completely get that and agree with it, but I also believe next season is one in which Indiana can take a gigantic step forward.