Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Ohio State Postgame Thread

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Had to watch this on tape delay as my son had a game.

That’s the type of effort we have been hoping for. Guys should be proud of themselves. We still struggle on O, and will probably for the rest of the year, but if we value possessions, lock in on D we can win ugly games.

Very nice seeing Phin looking better. Carton has some excellent plays and also a bunch of WTF plays.

I like seeing hunter cutting some instead of hovering around the 3 point line.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Man, I would love to have that kid in our guard rotation.Huge miss.

Well that was fun. I was so nervous at the end of the game but FINALLY, a team kinda folds like we seemingly do. OSU was definitely making some wild decisions and if our defense (and crowd) had them shook.. then amazing job to the staff and team. Archie losing his mind on the table was entertaining. I think I remember Crean having a total meltdown over there one game and went forehead to forehead with Yogi lol.

Offensive scheme. The ball reversal was crisp and quicker. No one was catching it and then staring at the rim for no reason. Run the play guys. I hope that's been the message all week from Archie. He needed to lose his mind. 

And yes, what happened to Phinisee. He was looking a little woozy when he last came out. Man how I have missed today's Phinisee!!

If Hunter ever starts playing at his projected level there is absolutely no way he doesn’t find his way into the starting lineup next season. I’ve become a huge Brunk fan due to the way he conducts himself but Hunter takes IU to a different level. If Smith can become a consistent threat with a jumper that would provide all kinds of front court versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

If Hunter ever starts playing at his projected level there is absolutely no way he doesn’t find his way into the starting lineup next season. I’ve become a huge Brunk fan due to the way he conducts himself but Hunter takes IU to a different level. If Smith can become a consistent threat with a jumper that would provide all kinds of front court versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah and if we can add a better ball handler at the SG position that can knock down shots and bring Al off the bench I think the starters will hum a lot more. 

Brunk and Als style is much more conducive to 6th and 7th man 

After all the drama of the past few days, it was great to see the guys playing hard and appearing to have fun. At the end of the day, these are still kids and at any given time they can seem off or moody for no apparent reason. Most of all, I'm happy for them and the staff. Enjoy it tonight and then on to the next one.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

How does that do that?

Smith is 6’7” and plays the 3. Hunter is 6’7” and would be moving to the 3

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You're right...I was for whatever reason thinking of a 3 guard lineup with Smith at the 4 and Brunk on the bench.  Probably combining thoughts....  I think I had in my head Phinisee, Durham, Franklin, Smith, TJD and replacing, say Durham w Hunter.   Good catch.

Did anybody hear what was wrong with phinisee?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Carton bumped him in the hip late in the game and he was walking/running gingerly the rest of the game. My guess is a hip flexor or bruise. Kid can’t catch a break from the injury bug.

9 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Carton bumped him in the hip late in the game and he was walking/running gingerly the rest of the game. My guess is a hip flexor or bruise. Kid can’t catch a break from the injury bug.

Yes,

Archie, with a slightly exasperated look, mentioned Rob being “uncomfortable” at the end of the game. Hope it’s nothing. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

When Young is his old self I think they make a resurgence. Having had my appendix out he’s not going to be right for awhile. 

I think the discouraging thing for them is that they are a team that should be built to not be affected too much on the offensive end by him being out.  I do question why he played 23 minutes right out of the gate -- that's his season average -- if he wasn't 100%.  They have 8 guys averaging 7 points/game, they should be able to withstand a loss of a 8 ppg scorer offensively.  That's four straight games they have been under 60 points.