Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

1 on 1 Player Meetings and Rotation Change

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

So apparently after the Northwestern win the coaches had meetings with several players 1 on 1. A couple of players basically got told it's my way or there's the door. CAM I guess told a couple of players they could have their release and transfer. Will anything come of it? I'm not sure but it has been reported on multiple message boards today as having happened. Archie even said yesterday I believe that the 11 man rotation they had been using wasn't going to work moving forward. Curious if anyone else has heard anything about this the last couple of days?

Chris mentioned something along these lines in another thread. Hoping it is true and Archie becomes a lot more demanding. His Dayton teams played so hard each and every game, I haven't figured out why that hasn't occurred at IU. Hopefully it won't be the case anymore. 

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Chris mentioned something along these lines in another thread. Hoping it is true and Archie becomes a lot more demanding. His Dayton teams played so hard each and every game, I haven't figured out why that hasn't occurred at IU. Hopefully it won't be the case anymore. 

It's possible that Arch was hoping these guys would "mature..."that's not been the case tho

The transfer stuff was not in 1 on 1 meeting, it was in the locker room with every player after the Northwestern game. He screaming at them about playing hard and said if you are not going to play hard, play my way, then bring me your transfer papers and I will sign them, and find you a nice place to go play at. That is what I was told. Now I believe he did have some 1 on 1's but the transfer stuff was in front of everyone. 

Appreciate the information.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And I have to admit I don't care if any do elect to leave.  I hope none do but if they do, so be it.  The program survived Knight's firing and it survived the defections when Sampson was axed.  Badly bruised but we survived.  Can't let the inmates run the asylum.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And I have to admit I don't care if any do elect to leave.  I hope none do but if they do, so be it.  The program survived Knight's firing and it survived the defections when Sampson was axed.  Badly bruised but we survived.  Can't let the inmates run the asylum.

Indiana basketball is bigger then any one player...(or inmate)

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The transfer stuff was not in 1 on 1 meeting, it was in the locker room with every player after the Northwestern game. He screaming at them about playing hard and said if you are not going to play hard, play my way, then bring me your transfer papers and I will sign them, and find you a nice place to go play at. That is what I was told. Now I believe he did have some 1 on 1's but the transfer stuff was in front of everyone. 

Maybe he went a couple miles down the road and ask RMK if he could use one of his motivational locker room rants

Maybe we are bruised now... but I’d say we were stabbed and then shot ourselves in the foot after Sampson.

Hopefully the effort will improve and we can all be proud of that. However, the talent level is what it is at this point though probably good enough to achieve reasonable goals for this year IF the effort is there. How did this program turn into a soap opera?

I’m sure the APR kept him from doing this when he toon the job. I’m just glad it’s finally happenings. Shape up or ship out. 

Right, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to go to the NCAA tourney the past few years

This team isn’t talented enough to win games they should while sleep walking. This team isn’t talented enough to take down a top notch team playing their best. However, this team is talented enough to beat a top notch team that isn’t at its best.

Hopefully, we’ve seen the last of
“effort is optional” ball. I also hope that Archie is feeling more comfortable within the program that he does what he needs to do to compete.

Let’s win some flipping games and look good doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

34 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Right, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to go to the NCAA tourney the past few years

Remember when we were worried that Sampson's extra phone calls would result in a postseason ban? Good times...