Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Coy Cronk Transferring

7 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

How is losing your best offensive lineman and team captain not a big loss? 

Didn’t expect him to turn his back on IU like this and turn around and play for another team in the BigTen. NFL, Alabama/Clemson/Any other CFB Playoff contender, fine, no one would really begrudge that move...But Iowa?what message does this end to other recruits when we’re trying to build something? Iowa barely competes for Conference titles. Purdue didn’t even recruit him and this is the thanks we get? 

Yeah seems odd to me. Makes me wonder what happened behind the scenes to cause this. Iowa is a better program than us, but it's not like IU sucked last year. We went 8-5 to Iowa's 10-3, and finished 4th in the East to Iowa's 3rd. We also have pretty much our entire offense coming back next year. It's not a lateral move, but it's not a huge step up either. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah seems odd to me. Makes me wonder what happened behind the scenes to cause this. Iowa is a better program than us, but it's not like IU sucked last year. We went 8-5 to Iowa's 10-3, and finished 4th in the East to Iowa's 3rd. We also have pretty much our entire offense coming back next year. It's not a lateral move, but it's not a huge step up either. 

He won’t even get the start at LT there. They have their 3 year starter in Alaric Jackson coming back for his RS Senior year so he’ll compete with a couple younger guys for RT including their last year’s LT backup LT, RS sophomore Jack Plumb (who I guarantee you will come to spring camp super pissed and with a chip on his shoulder). It’s a dumb move and honestly it’s whatever but how many Indiana things have to keep happening at IU before we break the mold and become a solid program?

I thought there were conditions you could have for transfers such as not transferring in conference or to a team on the schedule? Or does that not apply to grad transfers if Cronk is one? Transfer rules have seemed to lax in recent years, but I'm just curious why this went down like it has. I haven't followed Cronk's circumstances as closely as others, but shocked and disappointed to not only seem him leave, but to another school in the Big10. Anyone in the know have any ideas here or am I off base with these rules and his circumstance?

How is losing your best offensive lineman and team captain not a big loss? 

Didn’t expect him to turn his back on IU like this and turn around and play for another team in the BigTen. NFL, Alabama/Clemson/Any other CFB Playoff contender, fine, no one would really begrudge that move...But Iowa?what message does this end to other recruits when we’re trying to build something? Iowa barely competes for Conference titles. Purdue didn’t even recruit him and this is the thanks we get? 

Because even with him in the lineup the line was weak. Did anything change after he went down? Nope. Like stayed weak. We aren’t losing a Dan Feeney or Jason Spriggs type here. Just losing another lineman who was on the same level as the other lineman we have. It literally changes nothing. The line didn’t get worse or weaker because of it. It’s not a big loss. We did just fine without him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 1/22/2020 at 3:48 PM, kreigh8 said:

I thought there were conditions you could have for transfers such as not transferring in conference or to a team on the schedule? Or does that not apply to grad transfers if Cronk is one? Transfer rules have seemed to lax in recent years, but I'm just curious why this went down like it has. I haven't followed Cronk's circumstances as closely as others, but shocked and disappointed to not only seem him leave, but to another school in the Big10. Anyone in the know have any ideas here or am I off base with these rules and his circumstance?

That rule is out of the window for grad transfers.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The line wasn’t good with him playing and it wasn’t without him. So what’s it matter?

Not everything is as black and white as you want it to be.  By your logic, every offensive lineman on the team could transfer and it wouldn't make a difference, because hey, 'they were bad'.  

Not everything is as black and white as you want it to be.  By your logic, every offensive lineman on the team could transfer and it wouldn't make a difference, because hey, 'they were bad'.  

No. Saying one overrated dude leaving won’t change a bad line.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No. Saying one overrated dude leaving won’t change a bad line.

So overrated that 10-3 Iowa took him in.  

I'm amazed that we ever ran for positive yards and our quarterbacks didn't get sacked ten times per game given your opinion of the line.

So overrated that 10-3 Iowa took him in.  
I'm amazed that we ever ran for positive yards and our quarterbacks didn't get sacked ten times per game given your opinion of the line.

Yet Ramsey was rushed often. He wasn’t any better than anyone else on the line. It’s why nothing changed when he went out.