Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Coy Cronk Transferring

??????????

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Another plugged in person on Twitter mentioned twice things for entering the transfer portal: possibly leaving for the NFL and potential position change if he were to come back.

Who knows if that’s true, but just all around puzzling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

22 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Disappointing, praying he doesn’t go to Purdue as that could be Sol Campbell-esque for any other EPL fans out there.

It won't be Sol-esque cuz no offense to Coy, Purdue still ain't winning crap.

I don’t understand this notion that he would have to change positions if he came back. Why? He’s light years ahead of Bedford and Caleb Jones has been an absolute liability at right tackle so put Bedford there and let Jones further develop/add depth since we’re also graduating Love, the backup RT. If Cronk doesn’t want to switch he shouldn’t have to, nor should we want him to. 

2 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I don’t understand this notion that he would have to change positions if he came back. Why? He’s light years ahead of Bedford and Caleb Jones has been an absolute liability at right tackle so put Bedford there and let Jones further develop/add depth since we’re also graduating Love, the backup RT. If Cronk doesn’t want to switch he shouldn’t have to, nor should we want him to. 

If he wants a chance at the NFL, it won’t be at tackle. 

34 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

If he wants a chance at the NFL, it won’t be at tackle. 

And that’s fine but why transfer if that’s what he wants? We’re graduating Stepaniak. I read the comment about his “having to change positions if he comes back” as though he doesn’t want to change. The fact of the matter is, he can start at any of the 5 spots and be easily the best on the team at it. We also get OL guys into the league all the time so what’s he gonna get at a place like Alabama other than the possibility of getting beat out?

5 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

And that’s fine but why transfer if that’s what he wants? We’re graduating Stepaniak. I read the comment about his “having to change positions if he comes back” as though he doesn’t want to change. The fact of the matter is, he can start at any of the 5 spots and be easily the best on the team at it. We also get OL guys into the league all the time so what’s he gonna get at a place like Alabama other than the possibility of getting beat out?

I see what you’re saying. I’m not really sure the details behind why he’s leaving, so I agree that it’s likely not because of a “forced” position change. Could just be a change of scenery or something, who knows. 

Unfortunate, because with him moving inside and the success the guys on the outside had after he went down this season, the OL was looking to be a strength next year. Still will be solid as long as it stays healthy. 

58 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I see what you’re saying. I’m not really sure the details behind why he’s leaving, so I agree that it’s likely not because of a “forced” position change. Could just be a change of scenery or something, who knows. 

Unfortunate, because with him moving inside and the success the guys on the outside had after he went down this season, the OL was looking to be a strength next year. Still will be solid as long as it stays healthy. 

I agree and after all the love he was given from the staff, teammates and fans it’s just disappointing to see. I’m looking forward to the days where “Indiana” things stop happening to this program. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don’t see it as a big loss.

How is losing your best offensive lineman and team captain not a big loss? 

Didn’t expect him to turn his back on IU like this and turn around and play for another team in the BigTen. NFL, Alabama/Clemson/Any other CFB Playoff contender, fine, no one would really begrudge that move...But Iowa?what message does this end to other recruits when we’re trying to build something? Iowa barely competes for Conference titles. Purdue didn’t even recruit him and this is the thanks we get?