Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Ohio State Game Thread: 1/11/20 @noon...WILL HE BE THERE?!?

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Agreed I don't think it does any good to kick a senior off at this point. It just draws attention to the team. I still think he can help us win a game but as someone else said his leash has to be short. 

Chris, do you think he starts against OSU? I guess, to me, that will be the first indicator that something has actually changed. Knowing how resistant Archie seems to change and that Green has started the last several, that's the first thing I'm looking at as to any actual philosophical changes being made.

Just now, bigrod said:

Chris, do you think he starts against OSU? I guess, to me, that will be the first indicator that something has actually changed. Knowing how resistant Archie seems to change and that Green has started the last several, that's the first thing I'm looking at as to any actual philosophical changes being made.

I said in a previous post we will see how serious Archie was in the post-game locker room talk. If he starts him, I think that would be a mistake. I do think he has to play though. If he hits his first shot roll with him, but if he misses or has a bad TO, it's time to let him watch. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I said in a previous post we will see how serious Archie was in the post-game locker room talk. If he starts him, I think that would be a mistake. I do think he has to play though. If he hits his first shot roll with him, but if he misses or has a bad TO, it's time to let him watch. 

Logistically, I agree he has to play. Though, sometimes I think I would rather see a team that is out there busting their a$$es and losing by 20 than the lackadaisical, careless play we see in many long stretches.

Will say I’m excited for the potential of Bobby Knight showing up but this team is just becoming so hard to root for. I walked past 4-5 of the older players on the men’s team last night in the tunnels before the women’s game last night and told them good job pulling out a win. As soon I was past them, one of them said, “What a f***ing ***hole.” My friend and I were both dumbfounded. Every vibe I get from this team feels so off. The energy and tenseness is similar to how it felt in one of Crean’s last seasons, from what I see

Wow. Hopefully they were mad about the game and did not think congrats were in order. Otherwise what a mess

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, bmitch said:

Will say I’m excited for the potential of Bobby Knight showing up but this team is just becoming so hard to root for. I walked past 4-5 of the older players on the men’s team last night in the tunnels before the women’s game last night and told them good job pulling out a win. As soon I was past them, one of them said, “What a f***ing ***hole.” My friend and I were both dumbfounded. Every vibe I get from this team feels so off. The energy and tenseness is similar to how it felt in one of Crean’s last seasons, from what I see

Did they think you were being sarcastic or something? I would have turned around and said something. That's ridiculous 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Did they think you were being sarcastic or something? I would have turned around and said something. That's ridiculous 

Yeah that sucks all the way around. Ambassadors of the school and the program should be polite and respectful, and I've never had that kind of interaction with a player, ever. 

2 hours ago, bmitch said:

Lol...

If the post-game rumors are true, the day after a:

Bobby Knight style screaming lecture,  

One on one meetings with the coaching staff in which they were issued a “you may have to transfer” ultimatum, and likely

The most unpleasant practice of their time at IU,

Having someone earnestly let them know how well the Northwestern game went did not go over so well.

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

While I hate that it would come to that (booting players, encouraging them to transfer, etc.), it's probably time the air was "cleared".  Frankly I'm glad he said what needed to be said (assuming this is accurate and I trust it is).

I'm not trying to sound like a hard-a$$ or anything, but I'm perfectly fine with Archie threatening to boot players or telling them to transfer. I would guess about 90 percent of the guys -- if not more -- who played for Knight were told they were gonna get kicked off or that they should transfer at some point. I do think he probably went over the top at times, but that's just the way he was. ... You'd love for players to be self-motivated, but I guess this group isn't. 

I recently saw an NFL Network bio on Chuck Noll. He wasn't a rah-rah motivator kind of guy, and essentially said: "If I have to motivate you to play hard in this league, I will fire you." ... However he did it, it worked. He went 4-0 in Super Bowls and coached arguably the greatest NFL team of all-time. 

I was told that someone has reached out from Coach Knight's family and he might not be feeling well enough to attend. So we'll see. It's not as guaranteed as it was on Wednesday. 

Edit: Someone on Peegs said they saw him at lunch and he said he was coming. So basically I have no idea if he will be there or not

Were any of the students even alive the last time Knight coached IU? Will be awesome to see him, but I wonder how much the current students know/care about The General. He was before their time.

If they have good parents they should know good and well all about RMK....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I can't fit into anything I owned in 1984, but that's because I was 8

I mean I was 0 until November when I was born, but I found it at a thrift store not that long ago...you'd be surprised at how much some of that stuff goes for. SLCT Stock next to Dagwood's has some great vintage IU gear.