Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Ohio State Game Thread: 1/11/20 @noon...WILL HE BE THERE?!?

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We didn’t deserve it 

I didn't say they did, just saw somethings around the internet talking about the possibility, even from some co-workers out of the pUKe fan base that mentioned it. I think if they can string together some games playing like they did Saturday, ****** 1 or even 2 of the road games this week, they could definitely be in. They finished 4th of the teams getting votes today with 50.

Just do a statue.  No reason to rename anything.   You end up like the old baseball/football teams that run out of numbers due to retirement.   

Or the row of chairs along the side line -- Bob Kinght seating section.   

Did anybody see at about the 11 minute mark in the first half when there was a loose ball on the floor Ohio State picked it up and Archie went ballistic and slapped the scorers table and just ripped Franklin for not diving for the ball. Franklin was immediately yanked and didn’t play the rest of the game. That play ended in a shot clock violation for Ohio State but Archie was definitely living by his word...if you’re not gonna hustle, you’re not gonna play and it’s that simple. I LOVED that when I saw it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thanks for pointing it out. I saw Archie mad after the shot clock violation and couldn’t figure out what set him off.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Assembly Hall (old habit -- I hate calling it Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall) is a pretty big building. If memory serves (I have been in Bloomington just once since graduating in 1991), it also has ticket offices and most (if not all) of the athletic offices. So in essence, it's more than just a basketball building. 

If they wanted to, they could do something like this: Once you pass through the doors and into the part of the building where the basketball games are played, you could be entering Bob Knight Arena at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

Don't know if the Skjodt family would go for that -- or if the Knights would -- but it's just a thought ... 

That would be really sweet. In an alternative timeline that could've been how things went down.. Sadly, though, I don't see it happening in this one. 

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

She's afraid their going to make a spectacle out of it. 

The best way to not have it made into a spectacle is to have it really planned out, both IU and the Knight family have everything approved, including the date. It becomes a spectacle if he just shows up, ultimately sending the IU admin into scramble mode. That's when mistakes and rash decisions get made. 

Agree on where he'll sit, what is/isn't allowed in terms of TV cameras, media, jumbotron etc. and have the video approved and ready to roll, agree on the date, and then it's super simple. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The best way to not have it made into a spectacle is to have it really planned out, both IU and the Knight family have everything approved, including the date. It becomes a spectacle if he just shows up, ultimately sending the IU admin into scramble mode. That's when mistakes and rash decisions get made. 

Agree on where he'll sit, what is/isn't allowed in terms of TV cameras, media, jumbotron etc. and have the video approved and ready to roll, agree on the date, and then it's super simple. 

Yep and have people to keep the crowds away from him in position 

Coach Knight always did things his own way. He is famous for his contribution to basketball but, if I recall correctly, the library was one of his favorite fundraising projects. Perhaps some recognition for that would be appropriate. I really hate the corporate naming obligation that gets tied to every major donation for facilities. The egos of the wealthy are enormous and leave little room for honoring the deserving.

I should know but I don’t. Does Archie have a weekly radio show? If so.... what channel day and time, please.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Monday night's at 7 iu radio network. Facebook live. U can watch. I have a thread on here buried deep somewhere lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

On 1/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, BGleas said:

Don't you think that making it a spectacle would be one of the biggest motivating factors for Coach to come home and watch a game?

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

You should never set plans in stone for someone that has dementia.  Dementia doesn't work on a schedule.

That’s not really what I meant. Of course you have to have flexibility, I meant that the idea to cancel because word got out and they don’t want a spectacle is maybe not the best way to go. 

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That’s not really what I meant. Of course you have to have flexibility, I meant that the idea to cancel because word got out and they don’t want a spectacle is maybe not the best way to go. 

This thought never occurred to me until now.  Because he was fired, he may have been told he is not allowed on campus.  And then that would mean he would need to ask for permission to be on campus.  And that may explain why he has never come back.  Because he never asked for permission.  I am guessing the university has certain policies and procedures that apply to everyone, even VIP's.