Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Ohio State Game Thread: 1/11/20 @noon...WILL HE BE THERE?!?

Awesome win but this is Indiana Athletics and as much as it pains me to say it they’ll probably lose to Rutger and the board will be on fire. Just a reminder to temper expectations and we gotta know what we’re dealing with

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I’m glad it is likely just his junk vs something more serious. Maybe it still is but this photo gives me hope it was just temporary and he will be back at practice tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe just a film session with a bag of ice ouch 

Yikes, I haven’t read a Dakich tweet in years but someone sent me this. I knew it was strained between him and Knight but not to this extent (and/or he is looking for listeners). It seems DD was not happy that Knight did not show.......

Verified account
@dandakich
Follow Follow @dandakich
More
Monday is going to be tough for the Pro Bob Knight folks...I’m absolutely pro IU player..we put up with unthinkable nonsense and the “man” continues to disrespect us..if u are pro Bob Knight or pro fat Timmy or the clown that is Pat Knight do not listen 12-3 on @1075thefan

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Yikes, I haven’t read a Dakich tweet in years but someone sent me this. I knew it was strained between him and Knight but not to this extent (and/or he is looking for listeners). It seems DD was not happy that Knight did not show.......

Verified account
@dandakich
Follow Follow @dandakich
More
Monday is going to be tough for the Pro Bob Knight folks...I’m absolutely pro IU player..we put up with unthinkable nonsense and the “man” continues to disrespect us..if u are pro Bob Knight or pro fat Timmy or the clown that is Pat Knight do not listen 12-3 on @1075thefan

I mean. That was pretty crazy that he went to another basketball game further away even.  That seemed like a pretty clear cut. “Not coming back” 

32 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Verified account
@dandakich
Follow Follow @dandakich
More

Dakich is a grade A dbag. The man is suffering from dementia and this is the crap he comes out with? Forget "telling it like it is."  Any halfway decent person looks at this picture and realizes that Knight isn't doing well at all. Dakich, on the other hand, sees it and decides to go "scorched earth" on an old man with dementia. Disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dakich is a grade A dbag. The man is suffering from dementia and this is the crap he comes out with? Forget "telling it like it is."  Any halfway decent person looks at this picture and realizes that Knight isn't doing well at all. Dakich, on the other hand, sees it and decides to go "scorched earth" on an old man with dementia. Disgusting. 

Not to mention the AD at Marian is a former player.  So it's not some random game.  

[/url]  
In fairness I was listening to dan probably 2 years ago before it was reported of his illness and he had nothing nice to say about him. Saying how he was going to do a speech and take more of your money and stuff like that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

In fairness I was listening to dan probably 2 years ago before it was reported of his illness and he had nothing nice to say about him. Saying how he was going to do a speech and take more of your money and stuff like that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I know Dan hasn't been a fan of Knight for a while now, but you'd think he'd lighten up a bit with the condition he's in now. I don't know how yesterday's events unfolded, but I doubt Knight himself had much or anything to do with it. It was probably nothing more than his family not being comfortable with putting him in front of 17k screaming fans because of the state he was in. I don't see a reason for Dakich to get so pissed about it. 

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dakich is looking for ratings. I doubt RMK has any idea where he is.

47 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

My grandmother suffered from dementia.  It is an unbelievable condition.  I once had a two hour conversation with her while she thought I was someone else.  Given his condition, there is no way Coach should be in public with his former players.  That's just a travesty waiting to happen when he doesn't recognize them.  Let him sit up in those club seat behind the baseline and stand up and be acknowledged by the crowd.  Fisher can announce his stats, they can put a video up on the board, the crowd can go nuts, and we are done.  A quick 5 min before tip off.  

That's exactly what I'd hope for...no speeches or anything just a wave and tribute will be more than enough to heal old wounds and IU can FINALLY fully move on.

That's exactly what I'd hope for...no speeches or anything just a wave and tribute will be more than enough to heal old wounds and IU can FINALLY fully move on.

Hopefully that tribute includes naming the floor after him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Karen is pulling all of the strings. The boys don't live around here and visit a few times a year. IU has a plan in place for when he does return. They reserve two seats for him every game. They have a video already made for when he does show up. He will not speak, just stand and wave. It will be a surprise since Karen doesn't want the info to get out as it did for Saturday. 

The 'info' got out big time - not just on message boards, but in the press.  I definitely understand Mrs. Knight's insistance on keeping things under the radar.  Thinking back to the story about his attendance at the baseball game last summer, it happened with a lot of secrecy.  It's a difficult set of circumstances - fans would love to see him there, but his situation has to take priority.

I trust any insiders will keep 'mum' about any future plans for him making an appearance.

(I'm not criticizing anyone who forwarded the info, it surely stoked interest and enthusiasm for it to happen.)

Haven't been on as much as I'd like to be. All I can say is if Rob Phinisee can play at or near the level he did on Saturday, this is a Top 20 team. Big week for IU. Two road games at good, but beatable Rutgers and Nebraska. Will be thrilled if they go to 2-0. The Big Ten is drunk this year. Starting 5-2 with home games against Michigan State and Maryland next would be huge. It is fair to keep in mind expectations. I thought this team would hover around .500 in the Big Ten this year. Figured that would be good for an NCAA Tournament appearance. 

I said before the Northwestern game that IU needed to win 3 out of the next 4 games to really feel good about their ability to get enough wins for the tournament. I also said they at minimum they had to get 2/4. Well they have won the first two with a huge opportunity to get number 3 in either of the next two games. 

I have no confidence they will win at Rutgers. That is not a slight to IU as much as it is a credit to Rutgers and the BIG. But if this team plays like it did Saturday I am very confident they will beat Nebraska. That would put them at 14-4 (4-3) which would be huge going into the rest of the schedule.

Go Hoosiers.