Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Ohio State Game Thread: 1/11/20 @noon...WILL HE BE THERE?!?

18 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

Devil - I will chip in to make sure you’re there for the rest of the year. Maybe Archie can find a spot on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He’s got a scholarship or two available!

29 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Ohio State fans are probably fuming. Ohio State now with 4 straight losses. Looking like another year where they fold yet again.

C’mon it’s The Ohio State! They’re  still too busy fuming about getting crushed by Clemson to realize b-ball started.

26 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

Same. We’re all doom and gloom when the last several games have looked the way they have, but even small adjustments can alter your season’s trajectory. I liked several things today...thought picking up full court and falling back to man to man was effective in upping the pressure.

I've never been doom and gloom this year or leading up to it. I knew there would be growing pains. I'm still a bit confused at what I'm seeing lol.....

1) Is our O really better than our D?

2) Did we just shoot better 3pt % than standard FG? Can't fathom us better behind the line than in the paint lol. 

3) Is TJD really going to lead us in pts, boards, and blocks as a true frosh? I expected a lot, but not that much. 

I just really would love to see some consistency and some of the guys separate.

19 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Interesting stats:

IU hit 50% from three on just 12 shots.

Double digit win came with TJD only getting 3 shots and 6 points.  Good to see RP and Green step up.

IU outscored OSU 35-20 in the second half.

D.J. Carton had 7 turnovers.  

Devonte had 0 turnvoers.

Not much shortening of the rotation, but Damezi didn't play and I believe Franklin didn't play in the second half.

Also, 16 missed free throws, no baskets in the last 9 minutes 52 seconds of the first half, but still win by 12!  Defense wins. 11 steals and 11 turnovers, so net 0!  lol 

30 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Ohio State falls to 11-5 and 1-4 in conference.

Starting to lose a lot of faith in KenPom.  Ohio State entered today ranked #4 in Pom and their offense was 14th.....despite being held under 60 points for three straight games.  That streak is now at 4.  And 9-7 Purdue at #22?  Pffft.

Totally agree! Thought it was almost purely statistical after first few weeks of a season - but based on current numbers, have some really serious questions about its objectivity. Think Kenny Pom is tilting the scale a bit based on national hype!!

What I’ll never understand here is all the focus on Green win or lose yet Al gets a pass constantly other than the excuse he wasn’t highly rated coming in so expectations are somehow less. Dude IS a captain after all

They were actually about the same level of recruit. Per 247, Devonte was 218 and Al was 230. I know Al plays hard, and the team feeds off his energy at times, but I think Devonte takes too much heat on here for effort. I see the bonehead plays on offense, but I think his defense is generally pretty good.

Carton scored on him with a nice scoop in the first half, but I don't remember his man scoring at any other point today. He's not as much of a bulldog as Rob, but his quickness and length can cause problems for other guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

No asterisks for hot garbage on the team resume. Ohio St is fine. They lost 2 road conference games and a neutral court game against a good West Virginia team The home  Wisky game could of gone either way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep, this was a good win.

OSU has not had “bad losses” and is probably going to win 3 of their next 4.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

No asterisks for hot garbage on the team resume. Ohio St is fine. They lost 2 road conference games and a neutral court game against a good West Virginia team The home  Wisky game could of gone either way.

He’s gotta be negative some how......:

Just now, JaybobHoosier said:

One thing I haven’t seen mention is for all the injuries that have basically ruined DeRon’s career, he was very good in this game. Don’t get me wrong, he had some issues due to lack of quickness because of injuries, I thought he played very well for what he can do today.

True. His physical limitations are causing him to have to be a different player than he was expecting to be 3 years ago.