Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Ohio State Game Thread: 1/11/20 @noon...WILL HE BE THERE?!?

2 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

The GOOD: the team has played hard and hit shots early.

The BAD: rotation not tightened up.  Ineffective guard still getting lots of time on the floor.

The UGLY: Absolutely dreadful FT shooting.

The bolded could be said for any game.  How can college plays be so awful at the easiest shot in the game?

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yep. Not sure who else to put on him if we’re sticking to this scheme. De’ron was a nightmare when he was in there. Maybe Race? Someone fast enough to recover because Brunk is not it. 

Yeah -- either gotta put someone else on him or tell Brunk that under no circumstances is he to leave Wesson. Even then, I'm not sure he's the right guy to play him straight up. 

1 minute ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Archie sucks. He’s constantly made bad passes, turned the ball over. He can’t make anything he shoots. Just terrible

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

How about shortening the rotation?  Which he didn't do.  How about holding players accountable?  Which he isn't doing.

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

The offensive sets aren't bad today. The problem is there isn't a player on the floor who can consistently hit a shot beyond four feet....

I was sorta thinking the same thing. With a few exceptions, we're not taking bad shots. They're just not going in. And at this level, you've just GOT to make those easy buckets. Even when getting fouled, we're missing bunnies that we shouldn't. 

How about shortening the rotation?  Which he didn't do.  How about holding players accountable?  Which he isn't doing.

I’m sure he told Devonte after a terrible shot or turnover, hey keep doing that. We aren’t very deep at that position. The same players make the same mistakes whether it’s green running point or Al or whoever. We aren’t as deep as we thought we’d be because all of our guards are not good right now.

Archie has his flaws for sure, but he can’t make the shots go in, he can’t make guys not throw stupid passes in the game. You cannot tell me in practices after film he’s saying hey guys see what we did here let’s do more if that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We're not the team that made 8 of our first 11. And I certainly hope we're not the team that missed our last 15 (or whatever it was). 

At some point, we've got to find a happy medium. It seems to be either all or nothing with this team, and too often, it's nothing. 

Not sure CAM has a choice but to play DG. With the way the zebras are calling the game, Al with 2 fouls had a really good chance of number 3. When your team is as limited as this one, even though you want to shrink the line up, you have to play some when the fouls aren’t going your way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I’m sure he told Devonte after a terrible shot or turnover, hey keep doing that. We aren’t very deep at that position. The same players make the same mistakes whether it’s green running point or Al or whoever. We aren’t as deep as we thought we’d be because all of our guards are not good right now.

Archie has his flaws for sure, but he can’t make the shots go in, he can’t make guys not throw stupid passes in the game. You cannot tell me in practices after film he’s saying hey guys see what we did here let’s do more if that.

Lol 

1 minute ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

We aren’t as deep but we still play 11 guys??? 10 today without Anderson. It’s surely not Archie’s fault we can’t hit a shot but he controls who plays. No reason to play this many guys when our roster is not adequate

1 minute ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I think if AL doesn’t have 2 fouls we see a lot less Green in the first half. We shall see if I’m correct by the 2nd half rotations. 

I hope your right. Obviously we did not hit any shots the last 10 minutes but everything offensively (passing, cuts, post-ups) looked crisper in the first 10 minutes. 

Green continues his tendency of taking ill advised shots at the wrong time. We were up 7 and had a chance to get it to 9-10 and he missed a long three with a lot of time on the shot clock. It’s happened a lot in the past....when we have a chance to put someone down he always wants to be the one to administer the dagger but often does not deliver.