Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Ohio State Game Thread: 1/11/20 @noon...WILL HE BE THERE?!?

In honor of the potential return of RMK, Archie makes things "Knight Theater-style" clear. 
Sayeth Bob: ""You guys will run until you can't even suffer "
Good.
I thought it was cant eat supper but I may be wrong

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

U still hearing the general will probably be there tomorrow?

As long as he's feeling up to it. I don't know how Coach Knight's dementia is but the rain really used to mess with my dad's. My dad loved to just walk outside and he couldn't figure out why this wet stuff was coming down and he couldn't go outside. I just remember him getting really down when it rained. Hopefully, that is not Coach Knight. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I do not know if it's toxic or not or the picture is an accurate description or not. I just spoke to someone who was in the locker room after the game. This person has been in the locker room for the last 10 years and he said it was unlike anything he has seen before. He said it seemed like Coach Knight in his heyday the way he was lighting these players up. There was talk about getting players off the team, making some transfer and just tired of not playing hard.

Now is the time to see if it was just talking or will something change tomorrow. 

If what you write is true, it will be REALLY interesting to see how the fellas respond. I guess it depends on how mentally strong they are. They could come out, want to kick a$$ and play ultra-inspired ball. Or they could pout or cower into a corner and essentially, trash the rest of the season. ... With Cheaney, Reynolds, the Grahams, Anderson, Meeks, Bailey, Henderson (the players during my time at IU), you knew the response would be positive. They would take out their frustrations on the opposition ... With this crew -- it's very difficult to tell. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

If what you write is true, it will be REALLY interesting to see how the fellas respond. I guess it depends on how mentally strong they are. They could come out, want to kick a$$ and play ultra-inspired ball. Or they could pout or cower into a corner and essentially, trash the rest of the season. ... With Cheaney, Reynolds, the Grahams, Anderson, Meeks, Bailey, Henderson (the players during my time at IU), you knew the response would be positive. They would take out their frustrations on the opposition ... With this crew -- it's very difficult to tell. 

Totally agree. I was a couple of years behind you so with my group Reed, Patterson, Miller, Collier, they usually pouted because they were yelled at. 

Will say I’m excited for the potential of Bobby Knight showing up but this team is just becoming so hard to root for. I walked past 4-5 of the older players on the men’s team last night in the tunnels before the women’s game last night and told them good job pulling out a win. As soon I was past them, one of them said, “What a f***ing ***hole.” My friend and I were both dumbfounded. Every vibe I get from this team feels so off. The energy and tenseness is similar to how it felt in one of Crean’s last seasons, from what I see

11 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I thought it was cant eat supper but I may be wrong

Yep. Then he followed a little later with, "You'll think last night was a f---ing picnic!!!" ... Man, I'd hate to think what last night was like. I'm guessing that picnic didn't include Kool-Aid or hot dogs and hamburgers. 

I do not know if it's toxic or not or the picture is an accurate description or not. I just spoke to someone who was in the locker room after the game. This person has been in the locker room for the last 10 years and he said it was unlike anything he has seen before. He said it seemed like Coach Knight in his heyday the way he was lighting these players up. There was talk about getting players off the team, making some transfer and just tired of not playing hard.
Now is the time to see if it was just talking or will something change tomorrow. 

I’d be interested in how the team responded to this on Thursdays practice and today’s practice.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Were any of the students even alive the last time Knight coached IU? Will be awesome to see him, but I wonder how much the current students know/care about The General. He was before their time.

They know. The campus is full of references to the legend that has not yet returned.

"Kids these days" are smart as hell.

I'm confident of about 4-5 players who will respond positively to that type of message. Unfortunately, those are the players who don't usually have effort issues. 

I so hope the others prove me wrong and come out with some fight. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I was under the impression that Race Thompson could have carved out a role as the team bully; an ultra-physical and a bit foul prone fan favorite. 

Sigh.

Oh I long for the days of Johnny, Hadji, Dr. Quest, and of coarse Race...

43 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

While I hate that it would come to that (booting players, encouraging them to transfer, etc.), it's probably time the air was "cleared".  Frankly I'm glad he said what needed to be said (assuming this is accurate and I trust it is).

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

Love to hear this. Bring him off the bench and let him know he’s going to have to earn his minutes. If he’s playing carelessly or with little to no effort, Arch needs to pull him for the game. He’s a senior and there’s no reason he can’t figure things out and realize he has to play for the TEAM and not for Sportscenter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This has been the biggest thing that has bugged me about him this year. Aside from any of my thoughts on how much he has or has not improved, of all things, his instagram activity just kills me. FOR THE RECORD....I do not, never have, and never will interact with any player, prospect, recruit, etc. on social media. But I do follow some. An example of what kills me is Devonte reposted something to his instagram story from (I believe) the Big Ten Network's account of him taking a shot during the Maryland game. Whatever the caption was, it was somewhat flattering. But he's reposting this after a game where the team got their @$$es handed to them. Just leave it alone man. Not a good look at all. 

I don’t know if this is true or not but to me Devonte doesn’t seem toxic or a bad attitude towards Archie. Devonte is a guy who right now can’t get past a bad shooting day, happens to a lot of offensive minded guys. Shots aren’t falling and now it effects everything else going on. That’s still something he has to get past but that’s what it looks like to me. Not that he hates Archie or can’t root on the team he just gets down on himself for bad offensive performances. Might be too late but he needs to learn to get past it and help out in other ways, and if he can’t then bench him down the stretch like you did Wednesday, but don’t think he needs to be kicked off the team for it 

3 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I don’t know if this is true or not but to me Devonte doesn’t seem toxic or a bad attitude towards Archie. Devonte is a guy who right now can’t get passed a bad shooting day, happens to a lot of offensive minded guys. Shots aren’t falling and now it effects everything else going on. That’s still something he has to get passed but that’s what it looks like to me. Not that he hates Archie or can’t root on the team he just gets down on himself for bad offensive performances. Might be too late but he needs to learn to get past it and help out in other ways, and if he can’t then bench him down the stretch like you did Wednesday, but don’t think he needs to be kicked off the team for it 

Agreed I don't think it does any good to kick a senior off at this point. It just draws attention to the team. I still think he can help us win a game but as someone else said his leash has to be short.