Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Northwestern Game Thread: 1/8/20 @7:00 BTN

I’m not entirely sure everyone on this team gives a damn. One constant for the last 3 years to me has been effort/attitude, or lack there of. Another constant, DG, JS. How many games have we watched where either one of them does something either on the bench or pouted like a child. I don’t know what was said between JS and CAM in that blow by, but I was ready for JS to sit the rest of the game. But something clicked on him and his demeanor and body language changed and he played better at the end. DG on the other hand has had crap body language for several games now. Idk if it’s because he so damn streaky and has stunk for those games but he definitely doesn’t seem to be invested at all. Glad he rode the pine! It is incredibly sad that someone has had the carpet rolled out in front of them and to act like an a$$ more times than not. The attitude was rubbing off on the younger players again tonight, thank you Al for sparking a fire, but please start that fire at the opening tip from now on. Please no start for DG Saturday! I honestly think he plays better off the bench and off the ball!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I just went to Facebook and someone had a photo of entire team standing and cheering on bench except deron and devonte setting and looking uninterested. Could be the upper class division someone mentioned or a coincidence

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, coonhounds said:

I just went to Facebook and someone had a photo of entire team standing and cheering on bench except deron and devonte setting and looking uninterested. Could be the upper class division someone mentioned or a coincidence

Then it’s time to kick them both off the team 

4 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I’m not entirely sure everyone on this team gives a damn. One constant for the last 3 years to me has been effort/attitude, or lack there of. Another constant, DG, JS. How many games have we watched where either one of them does something either on the bench or pouted like a child. I don’t know what was said between JS and CAM in that blow by, but I was ready for JS to sit the rest of the game. But something clicked on him and his demeanor and body language changed and he played better at the end. DG on the other hand has had crap body language for several games now. Idk if it’s because he so damn streaky and has stunk for those games but he definitely doesn’t seem to be invested at all. Glad he rode the pine! It is incredibly sad that someone has had the carpet rolled out in front of them and to act like an a$$ more times than not. The attitude was rubbing off on the younger players again tonight, thank you Al for sparking a fire, but please start that fire at the opening tip from now on. Please no start for DG Saturday! I honestly think he plays better off the bench and off the ball!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe I’m wrong but it really looked like Justin Smith was imitating the move of the offensive player and explaining why he got lost on defense during that exchange. I could be wrong and your surely not the first to take issue with that exchange, that is just what it appeared like to me but I honestly didn’t rewind to rewatch but I know one of the mods did. 

As for De’Ron in one of those replays he was clearly shaking his head and whispering to Devonte after Trace had missed a bunny but was fouled going into one of those timeouts

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

How is DG a captain on this team? 

Simply a move by Archie to instill leadership and ownership.... But Green doesn't know how handle such a responsibility. As per his instagram posts, he assumed it meant GREEN LIGHT.

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Maybe I’m wrong but it really looked like Justin Smith was imitating the move of the offensive player and explaining why he got lost on defense during that exchange. I could be wrong and your surely not the first to take issue with that exchange, that is just what it appeared like to me but I honestly didn’t rewind to rewatch but I know one of the mods did. 

Yeah was in attendance so didn’t notice that particular exchange, but before Justin went back in him and Archie were talking and it didn’t seem like 2 guys on different pages 

It likely was but it’s not the first time a player has blown by the coach. Although it was DG the last time and he definitely was mocking CAM behind his back. After that incident tonight thought JS seemed to snap back to reality.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He was frustrated and that is what he was doing people making to big of deal about that. I think archie said what he wanted. I mean this has gone on forever I remember a few doing it to bob in his day. Emotions run high in competition

Ok so that was absolutely rough no doubt about that. I can't imagine playing that poorly and winning but they did. This season record wise is still very salvageable hopefully put this one behind them and play better Saturday. Actually I am glad we didn't hit everything and win by 30 tonight and play like that and lose by 45 Saturday

Knowing this team, they’ll still play like that Saturday. Or get up by 12 and give up the lead.

how many times did the IU defense force a steal only for the transition offense to run the length of the court, with help, and try to shoot a layup straight through the only northwestern guys in position to defend under the basket, and of course miss and/or get swatted down, and lose possession? 

Archie finally(!!!!) said in his presser that he may only play 5 guys if they’re the ones that will play hard. Thank you lord please let him see the light 

I only liked this post once because it wouldn’t let me like it 1 million times.

11 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Archie finally(!!!!) said in his presser that he may only play 5 guys if they’re the ones that will play hard. Thank you lord please let him see the light 

See that's the kind of stuff that puts me back in Archie's corner.

I'm upset but I still want to keep the perspective that YES, Archie re recruited these guys(Smith, Al) and asked Devonte and Davis to stay but what else choice did he have? It was probably more of he needed serviceable players , not that he WANTED them. It was too late in the process and I'm sure he wanted his guard to come from Dayton but that guy chose to hit Colorado I think. So... As hard as I've been on him... Is this even REALLY his kind of guys? TJD is a stud, Phinisee was/is, Franklin is going to be pretty good, and next year's class has this stigma of having a motor. He snagged Brunk who is as blue collar as it gets. These are my conflicted thoughts lol.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

47 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Rob played well at the very end but stunk the rest of the game and failed to score. Al was the only guard who played well.

Agreed. I’m pretty confused by all the compliments going his way tonight. He led the team in TOs and fouls while playing absolute garbage on ball defense and contributing nothing on offense until the last couple minutes where he had a couple nice passes. Al penetrated the zone where Green tried to shot over/pass through it and Rob stood around and passed along the perimeter. What we needed from the guards was dribble penetration, spacing from the bigs on the paint.