Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Northwestern Game Thread: 1/8/20 @7:00 BTN

Smith, Durham, and TJD saved this game. Brunk made some plays as although this was not his best game. Gotta play with purpose for the complete game. Not going to win on talent alone.

Archie needs to channel his inner Norman Dale once he gets into that locker room ... 

"Basketball is a voluntary activity. Any of you feel you don't want to be on this team, feel free to leave right now." 

Big delta there between Gene Hackman looking u in the eye and saying that vs. Archie .....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Im counting six that are playing hard enough to be worth a ****:

Al (primarily)

Trayce, Joey, Armaan

Justin and Rob often enough 

100% with you. Maybe throw Jerome in there if absolutely needed but we can do it. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Im counting six that are playing hard enough to be worth a ****:

Al (primarily)

Trayce, Joey, Armaan

Justin and Rob often enough 

I’m not throwing in the towel yet but I just don’t get the reservations about sending some of those guys to the bench when they aren’t playing well. He did late with Green but perhaps Archie’s has so few options but we play enough guys a night where he can teach a guys a lesson for poor play. Confusing for me to be honest

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

So it looks like the rotation got a bit smaller tonight. Have to look at the numbers but.  Green out most of second half.  Race not much, a little bit of hunter, Davis not much.  Damize nothing.  

Yep.  Those guys really haven't contributed much of anything and it's not looking like they will.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed in Hunter so far.  I expected he'd be starting to show some flashes by now, but he's really been terrible shooting the ball (bankshot 3-pointer included).

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I was going to say that it was frustrating that we barely beat the worst team in the Big Ten at home, but then it occurred to me that we are probably the worst team in the big ten after that game.  Yuck.

"I'm glad we don't have to play at Northwestern this year!"

--said no one, ever, until IU this year

Ok so that was absolutely rough no doubt about that. I can't imagine playing that poorly and winning but they did. This season record wise is still very salvageable hopefully put this one behind them and play better Saturday. Actually I am glad we didn't hit everything and win by 30 tonight and play like that and lose by 45 Saturday

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep.  Those guys really haven't contributed much of anything and it's not looking like they will.
I have to admit that I'm disappointed in Hunter so far.  I expected he'd be starting to show some flashes by now, but he's really been terrible shooting the ball (bankshot 3-pointer included).

Agreed, it must be a challenge just to get back to where he is and I’m not faulting him for not playing or scoring more. For him, and IU, I hope he gets things going. He has talent but almost a full year off has him a bit off. Hopefully, it’s something small and it clicks soon but he can be one heck of a player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m not entirely sure everyone on this team gives a damn. One constant for the last 3 years to me has been effort/attitude, or lack there of. Another constant, DG, JS. How many games have we watched where either one of them does something either on the bench or pouted like a child. I don’t know what was said between JS and CAM in that blow by, but I was ready for JS to sit the rest of the game. But something clicked on him and his demeanor and body language changed and he played better at the end. DG on the other hand has had crap body language for several games now. Idk if it’s because he so damn streaky and has stunk for those games but he definitely doesn’t seem to be invested at all. Glad he rode the pine! It is incredibly sad that someone has had the carpet rolled out in front of them and to act like an a$$ more times than not. The attitude was rubbing off on the younger players again tonight, thank you Al for sparking a fire, but please start that fire at the opening tip from now on. Please no start for DG Saturday! I honestly think he plays better off the bench and off the ball!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This team is soft outside TJD, Brunk and Al (Franklin loading). Green, as usual, is just bad at team ball. Dead ball every time it hits his hands during reversal. Clearly better with Brunk and TJD but rarely used it until late. So glad he sat. He should get 10 mins/game from here out. I'm over him. 

Brunk plays his balls off. If TJD is here next year, he's going to be damn near unstoppable. 

And I wish someone would slap Justin Smith's grandmother. Somebody flip his switch. 

Boos raining down... IU is just exhausting as a program.