Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Northwestern Game Thread: 1/8/20 @7:00 BTN

12-3. Let’s not surrender the ship yet guys!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
I haven't surrendered, but I am getting fed up with the lackadaisical play for long stretches. This team can beat most, if not all, teams in the B1G when they play with purpose. Some of that is on Archie, but most of it is on the players.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nah. Better than Green I guess but Rob isn’t right. Not even that good on defense anymore. Can’t beat anyone off dribble. Can’t shoot. Has dribbling violations.

Of our options, i guess but he isn’t the answer.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
That was kind of my point. Nobody ahead or on their way in that will be a better option so he clearly has to be the guy right? Trust me I'd like the scenario to be better but when playing at a poker table with a 50 cent piece you kinda have to settle

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

I hate to say it but I just don’t think we’re ever going to see spectacular offense under Miller. That just isn’t how his scheme works. He didn’t have those types of teams at Dayton and, based off his recruiting, I don’t expect it anytime soon. When we win, we’re going to win ugly.

Then he will fail.  He's got to adapt to Big play.  Can't survive on gimmicky mid major crap. 

Good news: We will be underdogs moving forward in most games so we can play with a chip on our back and few expectations. Sometimes that's better. 

If we could consistently play with effort we’d win most of our home games and steal a few on the road. We just aren’t tough, smart, or motivated. It took being down 10 to the worst team in conference for them to play with effort. Just baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app