Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Northwestern Game Thread: 1/8/20 @7:00 BTN

2 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Archie doesn’t even look pissed on the sideline. Looks like he wants to be let go so he can get the buyout sooner than later

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can't speak for this game, but when the camera is off him and the team is on the sideline he actually hates them. Besides Al, I don't think he likes a single player Crean recruited. 

I only caught the last 9 minutes of the first half. Justin Smith needs to be benched until February. I'm sorry, but his effort and decision making is piss poor. No forward should have 5 turnovers to 1 rebound in a half and ever see the court again for the remainder of the game. 

His inside passing is of the walk through quality. He’s passing to an area a player might be and not where they are or going.

This is bad. Does anyone on the team have any five a damn left in them?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, CandyStripers said:

Serious question. If we had the exact same roster but Crean was the coach, would they be this bad. I dont think so.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

I wouldn't be so sure on that.  His offense could be brutal if the pieces weren't a 100% perfect fit for his offense.  Defense and turnovers?  Forget about it.

Didn't someone mention early in the year (off season) that Davis was not thrilled about having both TJD and Brunck brought on board?

And Romeo was banging Rob's girl. Crap people make up to give reason to the garbage they're witnessing

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, CandyStripers said:

Haha no defense and turn the ball over is what they do now! At least Creans teams could score

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

This team is very reminiscent of the Vonleh team to me (and even that team had Yogi) and they could *not* score. They did defend pretty well that year though, but they still sucked.

12 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Any speculation on what the disconnect is about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Archie needs to figure out how to get the message across. That they hear what the plan is pregame but then the players don’t execute it. That the only guys putting forth the required effort are the freshmen and Sophs. Poor leadership all around, both players and coach. 

I at least have more faith in Archie’s half time adjustments than I ever did Crean. Need to figure out something - this NW team is not good. We very well may not be either but we need to win this one

Just now, Feathery said:

That Archie needs to figure out how to get the message across. That they hear what the plan is pregame but then the players don’t execute it. That the only guys putting forth the required effort are the freshmen and Sophs. Poor leadership all around, both players and coach. 

If that's true you bench them.

And Romeo was banging Rob's girl. Crap people make up to give reason to the garbage they're witnessing

That actually happened (SARCASM).

But really, Deron has been a ghost. Totally disinterested from day one. He sure plays the part of a guy upset with competition.

This is exactly what the administration wants. They killed IU basketball. Fred is getting out to avoid the fallout but it is getting out of hand now.
I mean you truly believe the administration wants the their flagship athletic program to be a national embarrassment? I get the frustration but that seems silly to me.