Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 16 - Ohio State 1/11/20)

According to my metrics we should lose this game by about 10.... But we are at home +3, RMK there +3, Me there +1, we haven't played up to potential -8, Archie ripped some butt + 2.... I really hope it doesn't go this way... but it could go way worse...

IU 68

OSU 77

10 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

According to my metrics we should lose this game by about 10.... But we are at home +3, RMK there +3, Me there +1, we haven't played up to potential -8, Archie ripped some butt + 2.... I really hope it doesn't go this way... but it could go way worse...

IU 68

OSU 77

With your math adjustments, it adds up to IU by seven.

I guess that's why we're IU, not Purdoo fans.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh...I thought the reason we were 10 worse was the "haven't played to potential, and if we did that'd be an eight point bump for IU!

I'm such an irrational optimist lol

Makes sense... I was trying to say they are probably a 10 point better team in general, but we haven't even been playing up to that potential, so that makes them an 18 point better team when we play like A$$... then factor in RMK, SSAH, & Me!!!! LOL

I don't know if anyone notices my ramblings here before I make my predictions, but I enjoy the process of thinking out loud.  Sometimes I'm right on and sometimes I make a fool of myself.  Luckily this site is locked before the game starts and nobody can come back afterwards and laugh.  Anyway here goes my thinking process before this one.

I told my wife a month ago that I thought IU's first loss would be Ohio State.  Then along came Wisconsin, Arkansas and Maryland.  We are still at the stage of the season when we can still remember each loss.  This has been a strange season and this Indiana team is psycho!  Ever notice how every game there are several people who pick the opposition's final score and very few pick the IU score?  That is because IU is not consistent.  A lot has happened in the last month and I can't believe that I am about to pick the Hoosiers over the Buckeyes.

At this point Ohio State, which at one point looked like a contender to take everything, is not a very good team.  They have two key players out.  Though Young might be a game time decision.  They have lost 4 of their last 6 games.  The two wins were over a bottom dweller and Kentucky.  The ability is certainly there but OSU is not producing on the court right now, and they aren't a very good road team.  Throw out the bottom dweller and over it's last 5 games OSU has averaged only 62.6 points/game.  Their defense has given up 68.8.  Throw out the Nebraska game with it's freakishly high OT score and Indiana's numbers are 61.6 and 64.4.  In other words, looking at what we are doing now, OSU is one point better on offense and we are four points better on defense.  OSU shoots the 3 better than IU (who doesn't?) but they turn the ball over more and they like to foul.

The Vegas line on this game has Ohio State only a 1.5 point favorite and the o/u for the game at 134.  That would make the implied final score 68-66 Ohio State.

OSU is 4-4 against competition similar to IU.  IU is 1-2 against competition similar to Ohio State.

As for IU, who or what is going to turn up for the game?  The locker room is in turmoil.  The coach has suddenly become the sheriff.  The revolving door substitution policy is set to be junked and the list of players used is expected to shrink.  Our second best scorer is in Archie's doghouse, and who knows what will happen when he sees the floor, if he sees the floor.  And, who knows, maybe THE GENERAL might be in attendance.

What the heck, I'm going with the Hoosiers based on a gut feeling.  I figure if we can score 70 we can win this game.  But will need to hogtie OSU's big center to ensure the victory.  I figure I'm either right or we get blown out by a bunch.  Should be interesting.  Go Hoosiers!

IU 70

OSU 69

18 minutes ago, BottomLine said:

The Vegas line on this game has Ohio State only a 1.5 point favorite and the o/u for the game at 134.  That would make the implied final score 68-66 Ohio State.

Thanks BottomLine -- but every time I read the implied final score of 68 -66 -- I see Indiana at the end of that sentence?! So....

IU 68

OSU 66

1 minute ago, fwgreenway said:

Thanks BottomLine -- but every time I read the implied final score of 68 -66 -- I see Indiana at the end of that sentence?! So....

IU 68

OSU 66

Read to the bottom.  Got IU winning 70-69.  We are in this one together.

I'd hate to let the lead slip from my grasp, but I have this feeling that I had before the FSU game. The boys come out and play for each other. They've heard and read the negatives this week even after a win. They will be crisp from the start and play heads up ball...

69-63 Candystripers