Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 15 - Northwestern 1/8/20)

How does this work?

Each week I will create Prediction League threads for the weeks game(s).

It's a simple concept:

Each week you start with 100 points (only if a prediction is made, otherwise 0 points for the week)
+25 PTs if you guess the winner
-25 PTs if you pick the loser
+10 PTs if guess IU score correctly
+10 PTs if guess Opponent score correct
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of IU (over/under doesn't matter)
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of opponent (over/under doesn't matter)

*** Reminder if you post a prediction and want to change it, please just POST a NEW Prediction, do not edit a prior post as I may miss those edits.

The person with the most points (MINUS 2 LOWEST GAMES) at the end of the season wins.

Interesting observation from the Minnesota/Northwestern game.  NW had exactly one 3-point attempt in the first half and missed.  Then after falling behind by 21 they opened up from outside in the second half and almost came all the way back.  They couldn't miss.  What do we get?  True stats.  I thought I'd throw them out there to confuse everyone even more.  LOL

Northwestern is a bad team.  The question is whether IU is a worse team right now.  Don't believe me?  IU was blown out by Wisconsin and Maryland on the road and needed overtime to beat Nebraska at home.  That is as close to 0-3 as you can get without being 0-3.  Over the last 5 games IU has averaged 67.6 points/game and that number is skewed by the big number in the overtime with Nebraska.  Over their last 5 NW has averaged 71.2.  We have given up 70.0 and NW has given up 71.6.  NW lost to Michigan State by 5.  How would we do against Michigan State right now?  I think this one will be a lot closer that most people think and a loss by IU wouldn't totally surprise me.  Right now our offense is a total mess and if we throw in one of those long dry spells again we could be vulnerable.  I don't expect NW to roll over and play dead.  We are one of the only games on their remaining schedule where NW has a chance to win.  Yes, we are that bad.

On the other hand IU has a 6-0 record against teams with a similar rank to NW and NW is 0-2 in games that are similar to IU.  NW doesn't like to shoot the 3.  They only took one in the first half against Minny. and then were 5-12 in the second half.  NW isn't a strong rebounding team, especially on offense.  Add to all that is the face that NW is shorthanded right now.  How could we lose to these guys?

Right now IU is having trouble scoring and NW plays hard on both ends of the floor, doesn't foul much and takes care of the ball.  However, I just can't bring myself to pick against the Hoosiers. I hope my fears are unfounded.   I'm looking at an over/under of 139 and the Hoosiers win 70-69.