Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Single biggest complaint I have actually originated with Crean but persists with Archie:

losing close games due to confusion and poor execution when you have multiple unspent timeouts

I just don't understand. If you're a coach, using a timeout is one of the few ways to directly influence the game.

If you want to be a coach, coach. If you want to be a spectator, do so from somewhere not the bench.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, Golfman25 said:

Need to be a much tougher player if stupid a$$ fan chit is going to get to you.  

Or if you’re a player that can go anywhere he wants and has aspirations to get to the next level, it’s understandable that he avoid one of the more vitriolic environments. 

I’ve believed for years now that our fan base has and will continue to cost us high level recruits. 

Negativity for today was the lapses in the first half defensively and poor execution down the stretch. Have to play smart in crunch time and I'm always scared shitless in those scenarios because I don't have faith in this team to play smart. Outside of that the effort was there for the most part and we shot the ball better. Were down 14 and fought back to really have that game in hand and then........my dear.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tom izzo used to be the best coach in the B1G. But man when you get out coached 3 times in a row.....dang their might be a new sheriff in town

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Should we compare Izzo's resume to Archie's?  Wait....is there a resume in college basketball that could compare to Archie that makes him look good?

Mark Turgeon used to be the worst coach in the Big Ten.  But man, when he can outcoach you twice in one season...woof

I get your dissatisfaction with the teams coach that you are emotionally invested in but to call Turgeon the worst coach in the B1G is a head scratcher. Since Turgeon has been in the B1G he has finished 2,3,2, 8, 5 and currently 3rd. Pat chambers since he has been in the B1G is .....I don’t really need to type it out his B1G record was really bad and 0 tournament appearances

Should we compare Izzo's resume to Archie's?  Wait....is there a resume in college basketball that could compare to Archie that makes him look good?
Im sure there would be a resume in college basketball that would compare to Archie’s that makes him look good. There are 353 D1 coaches and I’m guessing not many have an elite 8 on their resume. Want to compare in your opinion the worst coach in the B1G Turgeon resume to B1G coaches since he has been in the B1G? My guess is that his won’t be the worst

I get your dissatisfaction with the teams coach that you are emotionally invested in but to call Turgeon the worst coach in the B1G is a head scratcher. Since Turgeon has been in the B1G he has finished 2,3,2, 8, 5 and currently 3rd. Pat chambers since he has been in the B1G is .....I don’t really need to type it out his B1G record was really bad and 0 tournament appearances

Yeah, thank God for that under armor cash and Jaylen Smith. He’s good. A bonafide pro.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

30 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Honestly then, do you think he's a great coach?  Nobody underperforms expectations like Turgeon.  

Honestly then, do you think he's a great coach?  Nobody underperforms expectations like Turgeon.  

I think he is a better coach then being called the worst coach in the B1G. Plenty of better coaches nationally then him but to act like he is even a lower level B1G coach is something I can’t get behind.

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I think he is a better coach then being called the worst coach in the B1G. Plenty of better coaches nationally then him but to act like he is even a lower level B1G coach is something I can’t get behind.

I'd love to see your Big Ten coach rankings

I'd love to see your Big Ten coach rankings

From the bottom
Chambers
Pitino
Howard
Hoiberg
Collins
Fran
Gard
There is 7 that I feel Turgeon is a better coach without even have to think about it that much.

The rest will be left up for your imagination

The more I read, the more I think a few people will blame a coach for every loss and fail to see anything positive or see what's REALLY happening with this team and program.  

This game isn't on Archie.  Not even a little bit unless you blame him ( and it's a fair point) for having Green in the game late.   Maryland is national title good  if they play and shoot that way.  Indiana is so much better now than they were even a month ago and it's not close.    I remember reading somewhere about what would happen when we (Hunter and Phinisee specifically) got healthy.....

Really proud of the way we played today.

Maryland just hit their shots.  Frustrating to blow that lead late, but they are no doubt more talented than us.

If TJD's last second shot went in, Archie has changed as a coach and team is "turning things around".  But it goes out, and he still doesn't get it and the fans just accept losses.  lol.

18 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Really proud of the way we played today.

Maryland just hit their shots.  Frustrating to blow that lead late, but they are no doubt more talented than us.

If TJD's last second shot went in, Archie has changed as a coach and team is "turning things around".  But it goes out, and he still doesn't get it and the fans just accept losses.  lol.

Not even remotely close. The concerns would still be there. Stop pretending like the people who are worried are fickle. We are looking beyond wins and losses and looking at the product. 

We failed to show up on defense for 12 minutes. 

Our offense shut down during the final four minutes because of a terrible line up. 

Those things don’t go away because one shot goes down.