Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

11 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Green has the ability to get us 15+ points we can’t make up with the rest of our roster’s shooting capability. As has been stated repeatedly this season, it is unknown and increasingly rarer that he will be “on” when he sees the court.

If we’re ever in a game where we may need to score 85+ points to win, Green playing significant minutes is almost unavoidable. With our defense and how unremarkable much of the conference/country has been this season, it’s unlikely we’ll need him to show up again for more than a handful of our remaining games. 

Some posters said he'd be necessary against MSU.  He scored 2 and we won anyway.

He's not as needed as some have convinced themselves.  Good thing, as I've said his downsides are too common and his limited upside is too rare.

This thread really has nothing to do with firing Archie Miller this thread is an outlet for people’s frustration with a program that has slowly declined in on court results over the last 25 years. Archie just happens to be the latest coach at the center. Strip down the phrases on both sides of this debate (negative nellys, pumpers, and slow learners) and its a pretty simple debate. People who questioned the hire before he was hired are probably still going to question the hire 2 and half years in. People can say that winning would change their mind but when you are not invested in the person at the top even winning games might be hard to overcome.

People who liked the hire before he was hired are probably going to still like the hire 2 and half years in. People can say that losing should change their mind but when you are invested and believe in the person at top losing games can be overlooked.
Somewhere over the last couple months this place has lost something it desperately needs to get back. A middle ground where people can debate respectfully. It’s seems people are more worried about 1 upping, coming up with a zinger or getting the last word on a topic. I’ve been just as guilty. Wayne said it best the other day. Why the pettiness? I don’t have an answer for that
We say during the holidays how special this place is and we view it like family. One of the reasons this place was different then other places was people could express themselves and not get buried or eaten alive by piranhas waiting to attack a post. We are better then this. Positive, Negative, Archie lover, Archie hater, young or old BT banners we are better then this.

Losing is a disease and over the last 25 years it has infected this program and its fans to the point where there is a divide between a fanbase when the team that they are emotionally invested in is 15-4.
Think about that, a program coming off 3 years without a tournament appearance is 15-4 and solidly in the tournament field and losing has caused a divide between its fanbase on what exactly 15-4 means.

Not sure what happens next but I would like to think moving forward winning or losing we all work together to find a middle ground to where we can debate on the program we love in respectfully.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great post USPS.

I’ve been one of the “negative” posters as viewed by many. I’ve been singled out on multiple occasions. Most of us have. I’ve seen other “negative” posters get teamed up on. It all creates a divide. It should never be an issue.

I don’t think I’m negative at all but I ride with IUBB and it is what it is. We’ve not been a good program. I want hope. I like hope. I look for signs of hope. I want IUBB to get great and be feared.

Some people only post to pick on the “negative” guys. I’ve said before, we become a winning culture and most of that dies down. But it won’t entirely. Heck, look at Kentucky after all their success, they have a bad season, and a quarter of their fanbase wants Calipari fired.

I enjoy the back and forth. I enjoy both sides, because sometimes I see points I’ve not considered. I like to think I’m open minded. We all should be. When and if we become great again I’ll be head cheerleader enjoying the victory laps.

Let’s just leave to drama, namecalling, hate in the past. When Indiana is great, let’s rejoice. When we suck, let’s bring the pitchforks because that is what fans do. We shouldn’t take ourselves so seriously.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Some posters said he'd be necessary against MSU.  He scored 2 and we won anyway.
He's not as needed as some have convinced themselves.  Good thing, as I've said his downsides are too common and his limited upside is too rare.

I can agree with this also. Same thought process for me I said to Joe. Test it. Throw him in and luckily most every night you know what you got within 2-3 minutes. Do what we did last game. Try him for short stretches with a quick pull. The problem is if he has a great game which he is capable of, what is done the following games? Longer leash earlier? I hope not. I just think the last game should be the model for seeing if Devonte has it that game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Problem is that Green can only do that for about 5 minutes.

Then play him five at a time. It’s on the coach to maximize the good or limit the bad. He hasn’t done a good job at that with certain players imo. He has to find a way to get Devonte on track for whatever short or long bursts. Or limit how much he hurts us. Devonte should be very aware of how we can beat good teams without him. I think we go further with good Devonte. If good Devonte is only available for about 5 minutes then 5 it is. If it’s like last game we can no longer wait 20 to find out.

24 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

We also didn’t need to score a ton to beat MSU. That’s the point I’m making.

Then play him five at a time. It’s on the coach to maximize the good or limit the bad. He hasn’t done a good job at that with certain players imo. He has to find a way to get Devonte on track for whatever short or long bursts. Or limit how much he hurts us. Devonte should be very aware of how we can beat good teams without him. I think we go further with good Devonte. If good Devonte is only available for about 5 minutes then 5 it is. If it’s like last game we can no longer wait 20 to find out.

It seems odd that ever since “cheergate” happened and everything after the NW game, Davis’ energy has gotten better and he’s looked better and more locked in. Green had the Ohio State game and then just fell right back off while Davis has stayed up.

We’re getting run out of our home court as our coach chews his gum. So can the trolls in this topic please come back and explain how everything is better now 

Maryland could shoot from half court backwards with their eyes closed and still make it. Not a lot you can do when a team is shooting like this.