Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

So if it falls apart will the "pumpers" look foolish the same as if the opposite happens? Or will everyone attack people for pointing that out? I've got $ on the latter. In the end we all want the same thing. If, imo it's a BIG if, Archie gets things humming I'll admit I was wrong and be just as happy as you or anyone else. However to declare victory after 2 wins, which btw came 2 games removed from some of the worst offense I've ever seen at IU, is premature. I know you even addressed this point which I'm not blaming you for but some have implied this sentiment. Again negative or positive we all really truly do want the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Same happened with Tom Allen. Victory after one season when the rest of us want to see consistency. 6-8 wins every year. Bowl game every year. That’s pretty mild. Tough in our situation but mild. As for basketball, Archie will need to put together 3-4 good-great seasons and keep it consistent. We should expect the NCAA tourney every single year. Only reason to be content with an NIT showing is if you’re in North Carolina’s situation. Where the 4 seasons prior you’ve been to the Natty game twice, won one of those and been to the Sweet 16 once. Going 121-32(55-17) over those two years. Winning your conference regular season 3 out of the 4 years and winning the conference tournament once. Why is it so awful to ask and expect that much success? Or as much as Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State or even Arizona? At one point Zona had an 8 year stretch where they won 23+ games and only missed the NCAA tourney once(the year they won 23 games). And going to the Elite 8 three times.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, rcs29 said:

So if it falls apart will the "pumpers" look foolish the same as if the opposite happens? Or will everyone attack people for pointing that out? I've got $ on the latter. In the end we all want the same thing. If, imo it's a BIG if, Archie gets things humming I'll admit I was wrong and be just as happy as you or anyone else. However to declare victory after 2 wins, which btw came 2 games removed from some of the worst offense I've ever seen at IU, is premature. I know you even addressed this point which I'm not blaming you for but some have implied this sentiment. Again negative or positive we all really truly do want the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Well, sure. When I said those calling for his head ending up looking like fools is as likely as any other outcome, that include sunshine pumpers looking like fools being equally as likely. And that’s kind of one of the main points some of us are trying to make. Neither is a foregone conclusion. 

But I think one problem we have in this thread is that when points are argued against the need to fire our coach, it’s seen as pumping sunshine. I don’t really see anyone pumping sunshine. I see people willing to have patience considering all the factors at play here. Now, admittedly I have not read every single post on this thread. I could have missed something. But if anyone IS pumping sunshine after these 2 wins, then yes it’s quite premature.

Youre right that we all want the same thing. And it’s game day so GO HOOSIERS!!

Well, sure. When I said those calling for his head ending up looking like fools is as likely as any other outcome, that include sunshine pumpers looking like fools being equally as likely. And that’s kind of one of the main points some of us are trying to make. Neither is a foregone conclusion. 

But I think one problem we have in this thread is that when points are argued against the need to fire our coach, it’s seen as pumping sunshine. I don’t really see anyone pumping sunshine. I see people willing to have patience considering all the factors at play here. Now, admittedly I have not read every single post on this thread. I could have missed something. But if anyone IS pumping sunshine after these 2 wins, then yes it’s quite premature.

How does one “pump sunshine?” If anyone knows the answer to this could you send it my way, please. This cold weather is for the birds and ALASKA HOOSIER.

12 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

When the critical posters keep getting called negative, they're going to respond by calling the happy posters names too.  Like I've said, it goes both ways.  It's hard to call people out, then get upset when they respond in kind.

Wait a minute!  I stay away from browsing BtownBanners for a day and now we are no longer wanting Archie fired?  What in tarnation happened in here?  92.gif  #InArchWeTrust!

The flame was at candle size, it’s posts like the last few that just stoke the fire and will keep this thread going to 2,000

And then there will be comments about how crazy our fan base is, just look at the number of posts in the fire Archie thread, despite most of them being people poking the bear

I really don’t get the point of trolling this topic. Archie finally did what people in this thread wanted him to do. Something he waited 2 1/2 years. This team is still poorly constructed and next years as well. 

We are a Robert Phinisee injury away from another wasted season. Pumpers would have you believe all is well because we won some home games and a road game at Nebraska. There are still huge red flags that need addressed. We shall see if that happens. 

I really don’t get the point of trolling this topic. Archie finally did what people in this thread wanted him to do. Something he waited 2 1/2 years. This team is still poorly constructed and next years as well. 

We are a Robert Phinisee injury away from another wasted season. Pumpers would have you believe all is well because we won some home games and a road game at Nebraska. There are still huge red flags that need addressed. We shall see if that happens. 

That’s how I feel too. Cautious. Feels good winning but the wins could be camouflage.

One game at a time

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, Josh said:

When the critical posters keep getting called negative, they're going to respond by calling the happy posters names too.  Like I've said, it goes both ways.  It's hard to call people out, then get upset when they respond in kind.

Of course. Which is why when you came with the slow learner stuff, I assume you expected a response. And yeah, I expected one after my post.

He is still giving Green to long of a leash. It’s been clear, we play fine without him. He needs to okay well and or sit the bench.

He is still giving Green to long of a leash. It’s been clear, we play fine without him. He needs to okay well and or sit the bench.

He didn’t give him one the other night. I anticipate if Green comes out and is extremely negative net like the other night he won’t last long. We will see though. Hard to predict when a senior plays like a freshman.

Just now, mdn82 said:

He didn’t give him one the other night. I anticipate if Green comes out and is extremely negative net like the other night he won’t last long. We will see though. Hard to predict when a senior plays like a freshman.

Green has the ability to get us 15+ points we can’t make up with the rest of our roster’s shooting capability. As has been stated repeatedly this season, it is unknown and increasingly rarer that he will be “on” when he sees the court.

If we’re ever in a game where we may need to score 85+ points to win, Green playing significant minutes is almost unavoidable. With our defense and how unremarkable much of the conference/country has been this season, it’s unlikely we’ll need him to show up again for more than a handful of our remaining games. 

1 minute ago, Magnanimous said:

Green has the ability to get us 15+ points we can’t make up with the rest of our roster’s shooting capability. As has been stated repeatedly this season, it is unknown and increasingly rarer that he will be “on” when he sees the court.

If we’re ever in a game where we may need to score 85+ points to win, Green playing significant minutes is almost unavoidable. With our defense and how unremarkable much of the conference/country has been this season, it’s unlikely we’ll need him to show up again for more than a handful of our remaining games. 

We scored 82 against Nebraska and he only scored 3 points. Other players are just as capable as Green of going off. They are just less flashy than him and work harder in between incidents. 

We have 3 guards that can share that 80 minutes.

We scored 82 against Nebraska and he only scored 3 points. Other players are just as capable as Green of going off. They are just less flashy than him and work harder in between incidents. 

I don’t understand why people think we need him. More often then not, we’ve played better without him.